Start time: 0800h (08:00am)
Duration: 4 hours
The tour departs in front of Una Hotel. Una Hotel is located on Piazza Garibaldi. The nearest metro station is Piazza Garibaldi.
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
Tour returns to the original departure point
The tour starts from Una Hotel. Travel in an air-conditioned coach, accompanied by an English-speaking guide. You will be taken to the ruins of the Roman city of Pompeii. One of the most important archaeological sites in Europe, Pompeii is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Pompeii was buried under lava and ash from Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD and lay forgotten for hundreds of years. Excavations began in the 18th century and are still being carried out. Your guide will take you along the ancient streets of Pompeii for a glimpse into the lives of the Romans. See baths, forums and villas and marvel at the impressive frescoes which adorned the villas.
Your guided tour of the ruins includes a visit to some well preserved structures:
• The Anfiteatro: The oldest known Roman amphitheatre, it was capable of holding up to 20,000 spectators.
• Terme Stabiane: A bath complex from the 2nd century BC.
• Lupanaro: Pompeii’s brothel has murals depicting the services offered.
• Villa dei Misteri: This structure has a beautiful fresco, the Dionysiac Frieze, spanning the walls of the dining room.
• Casa dei Vettii: The Villa of the Mysteries houses what some consider the greatest surviving group of paintings from the ancient world.
At the end of the tour you will be returned to Naples. You will be dropped at Naples.
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour to confirm the departure details.
Entrance is free for EU citizens under 18 and over 65.
Working in a travel company, it’s a delight to see how the world is taking little steps to normalcy again. It’s like winning a war that no one was prepared to fight, yet emerged victorious, renewing hopes of a world that heals itself with optimism. I jump for joy every time a mail pops up … Continue reading "COVID-19 Travel Updates: Now Open! These Countries are welcoming Tourists"
Sign up to our newsletter and get the best isango! has to offer