Start time: 0800h (08:00am)
Duration: 8 hours
Tour departs in front of the Una Hotel.
Una Hotel is located on Piazza Garibaldi. The nearest metro station is Piazza Garibaldi.
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
Tour returns to the original departure point
The tour starts from Una Hotel at 0800h (08:00am). You will travel by coach accompanied by a guide. You will travel to the ruins of the Roman city of Pompeii. Pompeii is one of the most important archaeological sites in Europe and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Pompeii was buried under lava and ash from Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD and lay forgotten for hundreds of years. Excavations began in the 18th century and are still being carried out. Your guide will take you along the ancient streets of Pompeii for a glimpse into the lives of the Romans.
Your guided tour includes a visit to some of these well preserved structures:
• Anfiteatro - the oldest known Roman amphitheatre, it was capable of holding upto 20,000 spectators
• Palestra - an athletic field with a beautiful portico
• Terme Stabiane - a 2nd century BC bath complex
• Lupanaro - Pompeii’s brothel, it has murals depicting the services offered
• Il Faro - this structure has some well preserved statues and paintings
• Casa del Fauno - the ‘House of Faun’, it had a beautiful mosaic that can now be seen in the National Museum of Naples
• Casa del Poeta Tragico - the ‘House of the Tragic Poet’, it is one of the buildings which still has mosaics on site
• Villa dei Misteri – this structure has a beautiful fresco, the Dionysiac Frieze, spanning the walls of the dining room
• Casa del Menandro - a patrician's villa which gets its name from a fresco of the Greek playwright, Menander
• Casa dei Vettii - the ‘Villa of the Mysteries’, it has what some consider the greatest surviving group of paintings from the ancient world
You could also visit the Casa dei Fuggiaschi, Teatro Grande e Piccolo and Palestra dei Gladiatori.
After your Pompeii Tour, set out for Mount Vesuvius, which dominates the Bay of Naples. The only active volcano on the mainland of Europe, its slopes were once covered with vineyards and woods. Take a guided tour of the crater, and enjoy a panoramic view of the bay. A single plume of smoke still rises from the blackened crater, a silent reminder that the volcano is only sleeping.
At the end of the tour you will be returned to Naples, arriving at around 1600h (4:00pm).
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour to confirm the departure details.
Entrance fees to Vesuvius– approx € 6.50 per person and entrance fees to Pompeii’s ruins– approx € 11.00 per person are not included and must be paid on the day of the tour.
Working in a travel company, it’s a delight to see how the world is taking little steps to normalcy again. It’s like winning a war that no one was prepared to fight, yet emerged victorious, renewing hopes of a world that heals itself with optimism. I jump for joy every time a mail pops up … Continue reading "COVID-19 Travel Updates: Now Open! These Countries are welcoming Tourists"
Sign up to our newsletter and get the best isango! has to offer