3.5 hoursStart time
The tour starts from FOAM Photography Museum, Prinsengracht 609, 1017 DS Amsterdam.
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
The tour ends at the Central station
This specially designed photography tour will help you to discover and experience a city through the eyes of a local photographer.
Your guide-cum-photographer has in-depth local knowledge, a passion for their city and for the art of photography. So bring your camera and be prepared to walk, shoot and click.
There is no hotel pick-up. Please make your own way to FOAM Photography Museum, Prinsengracht 609, 1017 DS Amsterdam. A bilingual photographer-guide (English and Dutch-speaking) will accompany you on this tour.
• Visit the Anne Frank House and then cross to the 17th century gothic style Westerkerk (Western Church) where Rembrandt and his son are buried. Here you will photograph the highest clock tower in Amsterdam.
• Stroll through the Jordaan created in the 17th century for the workers. At the end of the 17th century many French fled to live here after the revocation of the Edit de Nantes.
• Head over to Westerstraat Market the big outdoor flea and food market, to photograph people and objects. You can also enjoy a cup of coffee in a cafe and enjoy some Dutch apple pie. (Payable direct).
• Step back into time and see the beautiful houses that date to 500 years. These beautiful little houses called Hofjes were built in the 14th and 15th century by rich people for poor widowers of sailors.
• Walk past the Fortress of Sjako, home to the Robin Hood of Amsterdam in 1717.
• Proceed to the Nine Streets to photograph its small shops and stylish boutiques.
• Conclude at the Royal Palace at Dam Square and photograph the marvellous Atlas placed on top of the building facade.
At the end of the session your photographer-guide will review some of the photos taken (if you are carrying a digital camera). You will have learnt the basics of composition, the importance of light in photography, how to take balanced and attractive images, and simple techniques to take "creative" images.
The tour ends at the Royal Palace, Voorburgwal, Amsterdam.
Please email or send an sms the tour operator at least 72 hours prior to start of the tour to re-confirm. Details in your voucher.
Please carry your camera, spare film rolls and batteries
A basic knowledge of operating the camera is required
The route is subject to change based on local conditions
Tour is conducted in rain or shine. In extreme conditions please call the local activity operator
Get your art on.
It may be "built for kids", but trust us, it's great for adults too.
The post Five Reasons Why You Should Visit LEGOLAND Florida appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.