05 Jan - 30 Dec: DailyDuration
Approx. 9 hoursStart time
Start time: Between 0800h (08:00am) to 0845h (08:45am), depending upon your hotels location
Duration: Approx. 9 hours
Your hotel in Kyoto. (Please mention your hotel details at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 48 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details)Ending Point
Your hotel in Kyoto
See the Nijo Castle, which was built in 1603 as a luxurious fortified residence by the founder of the Tokugawa Shogunate. Visit the beautiful Kinkakuji Temple, which is known for its gold-leaf covered pavilion. A must-visit in Kyoto is the impressive Sanjusangendo Temple, which houses 1001 carved wooden statutes of Kannon - the Buddhist Goddess of Mercy. The trip includes a visit to the most popular tourist attraction of Kyoto, the Kiyomizu Temple.
Admire the aesthetically built palaces and the revered shrines of Japan on this trip to the heritage city of Kyoto.
After pick up from your hotel in Kyoto, proceed on a full-day visit to the attractions of this historic city and capital from 794-1868. You will explore:
• Nijo Castle: "Nijo Castle" was built in 1603 as a luxurious fortified residence by the founder of the Tokugawa Shogunate. A UNESCO World Heritage Site now, it is surrounded by massive walls and a moat, Nijo Castle is famed for its lavish painted screens from the Kano school and the “Nightingale” floor that “chirps” when you walk on it.
• Golden Pavilion (Kinkakuji Temple): Golden Pavilion, also known as "Kinkakuji Temple", is perhaps the most well-known temple in Japan. The main pavilion is covered in gold leaf and shimmers in sunlight.
• Kyoto Imperial Palace: Kyoto Imperial Palace, which is also known as "Kyoto Gosho", is surrounded by beautiful entrance gates that are built in the traditional way. Each gate was used for different auspicious occasions and ceremonies. The palace also has perhaps the most beautiful and well-maintained park in the city, which is filled with groves of cherry and plum trees.
Here, you will have lunch at the Handicraft Centre. After having lunch you will continue to:
• Heian Shrine: Heian Shrine, which is dedicated to Emperor Kammu and Emperor Komei, the 121st emperor of Japan.
• Sanjusangendo Temple: The temple name literally means “Hall with thirty three spaces between columns”, describing the architecture of the long main hall of the temple.
• Kiyomizu Temple: Its main hall is built out onto pillars. The effect is that of a deck reaching out from the foot of the mountain. The original Kiyomizu Temple dates from the eighth century.
After the memorable trip, you will be transferred back to your hotel in the evening.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details.
Nijo Castle is closed on Tuesdays in January, July, August and December. The tour will take you to Ryoanji temple instead.
Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed on weekends and national holidays. The tour will take you to Kitano Tenmangu temple instead.
For hotel pick-up, come to the lobby 10 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time
Inspiring cultural experienced. Guides very knowledgable and spoke very good english. Lunch nice, tradtional style, served prompty. Prompt and welcoming pickup and drop off back...Deborah M Bridge
Inspiring Cutlural experience Guides very knowledge with excellent English. Pick-up and drop off from accommodation hassle-free and prompt. Lunch ready on time, nice food served...Deborah M Bridge
Spent too much time...ERDAL YENER