01 Apr - 31 Oct: Wednesday and SundayDuration
6 hoursStart time
Your guide will meet you at McDonald's opposite the main entrance to Zoo U-Bahn Station. (U-Bahn Red U2 line and Orange U9 line will stop at Zoo Station.)Ending Point
The tour ends at the starting point
Walk to the Sancoussi Palace of Frederick the Great and your guide will tell you in detail why Hitler hung his portrait in the Führer Bunker. Don’t miss out the New Palace in Potsdam that has over 200 rooms and 400 statues, built to celebrate the end of the Seven Years' War. This tour is a must-do for every visitor to Berlin!
The tour starts from the McDonald's restaurant opposite the main entrance to Zoo U-Bahn Station at 09:50am. Your guide will meet you here and accompany you throughout the tour. Take a 20-minute train ride to Potsdam, the capital city of the federal state of Brandenburg.
Upon arrival in Potsdam, set out on a walking tour of the city and see the following sites:
• Residence of Germany’s last Kaiser, Wilhelm II: The manor was used by Churchill, Truman and Stalin through the Potsdam Conference. The guide will tell you about the conversations that sealed the fate of Cold War Europe for the next half century.
• Dutch Quarter built by the infamous ‘Soldier King’.
• Sancoussi Palace ofFrederick the Great and his final resting place.
• Ruins of KGB jail and Glienick bridge used by the CIA and KGB for spy swaps, including that of U2 Spy Plane pilot Gary Powers.
• Site of ceremonial handshake between President Paul von Hindenburg and the new Chancellor Adolf Hitler that took place on 21 March 1933 in Potsdam’s Garrison Church.
• New Palace (with over 200 rooms and 400 statues), built to celebrate the end of the Seven Years' War, in which Prussia ousted Austria from its centuries-long role as the dominant power in German affairs.
• Roman Baths and Chinese Tea House
Stop at a local beer garden for a light lunch and some beer (cost not included). After exploring the sites of Potsdam, board your train to return to Berlin.
The tour ends at the starting point.
Please call the activity operator for any logistical query you may have.
Please bring along a train ticket, you'll require an ABC zone ticket (one way is approx €3,00 or a day pass is approx €6,80 and a small group ticket for up to 5 people for the day is approx €15,50)
thks isango. good price. nice experience for this walking tour in potsdam. for all visitor must see...georgios georgiou
Great walking tour, fully informative and well organised. Masie was a very good guide with plenty of knowledge, but also delivered the information in a good way. Pace was good,...Mrs Linda Singh
Had a great day out with Jarod, he really knows his history. Pace was good for seniors and beautiful weather....Mrs Joyce E Duncan