Only 20 minutes away by train from Berlin, take a walking tour around Potsdam, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Not only is Potsdam incredibly picturesque because of its many palaces, lakes, manicured gardens, statues and water fountains dotted over hundreds of green acres, as well as brimming with an equally fascinating history.
On your arrival in Potsdam, you will see the following sites:
• Residence of Germany’s last Kaiser, Wilhelm II (site of Potsdam Conference)
• Dutch Quarter built by the infamous ‘Soldier King’
• Sancoussi Palace of Frederick the Great and his final resting place
• Ruins of KGB jail and Glienick bridge used by the CIA and KGB for spy swaps, including that of U2 Spy Plane pilot Gary Powers
• Site of ceremonial handshake between President Paul von Hindenburg and the new Chancellor Adolf Hitler
• New Palace (with over 200 rooms and 400 statues), built to celebrate the end of the Seven Years' War
• Roman Baths and Chinese Tea House
Stop at a local beer garden for a light lunch and some beer (cost not included).
About the Supplier: Insider Tours have been operating in Berlin since 1996 and are known to provide the best historical perspective about Berlin attractions through their variety of walking tours. Insider guides are mostly academics and give an extraordinary commentary on the places they cover during the tours.
Wed, Fri and Sun (1 Apr - 31 Oct)
Make your way to McDonald's opposite the main entrance to Zoo U-Bahn Station. (U-Bahn Red U2 line and Orange U9 line will stop at Zoo Station.)
Same as the start point
Voucher Type: Paper
Group Size: Max. 25
Always keep a photo ID handy for security checks.
Please bring along a train ticket, you'll require an ABC zone ticket (one way is approx €3,00 or a day pass is approx €6,80 and a small group ticket for up to 5 people for the day is approx €15,50)
Sign up to our newsletter and get the best isango! has to offer