10am (if you are joining from West Side)
10:30am (if you are joining from East Side)
Additional tours are available at 1:30pm (West Side) and 2pm (East Side) between 1 Apr to 31 Oct.
Please specify your preferred start time at the time of booking in special request section
West Side: Make your way to McDonald's opposite the main entrance to Zoo U-Bahn Station (U-Bahn Red U2 line and Orange U9 line will stop at Zoo Station).
East Side: Tour starts from 'AM to PM' Bar/Restaurant at Hackescher Markt S-Bahn Station (S-Bahn Green lines S5, S7, S75, S9 all stop at Hackescher Markt Station.)
So there’s no last-minute rush please arrive at the start point 15 mins early.
Tour returns to your original point of departure
Set out on a guided walking tour of Berlin city and visit the famous historical landmarks. Listen as your guide enlightens you on the themes such as Berlin's Prussian and Imperial heritage. The Cold War and World War II and their impact on the city and 21st century Berlin.
Accompanied by a guide, you will be taken on a walking tour to visit the following sites:
• Hitler’s bunker: Get the final account regarding Hitler’s suicide and the last days spent in the bunker.
• Berlin Wall: An iconic symbol of the Cold War; the wall divided east and west Berlin for 28 years.
• Brandenburg Gate: A former city gate and one of the most important landmarks of Berlin city. Having stood alone in the Death Strip for 28 years, it now symbolizes the rebirth of the re-unified metropolis – Berlin.
• Reichstag Parliament: Riddled with the bullet holes from the last battle in Europe and now crowned with Lord Foster’s glass dome.
• Checkpoint Charlie: The name given by the Western Allies to a crossing point between East Berlin and West Berlin during the Cold War.
• Victory Column: The victory column is a famous landmark in Berlin and symbolises Prussian victory in the Danish-Prussian war.
• Potsdamer Platz: Representing the country’s future, German technology and corporate ambitions entering a new millennium.
Once you have completed the walking tour of Berlin’s historical sites, the group will break up and you are at leisure.
About the Supplier: Insider Tours have been operating in Berlin since 1996 and are known to provide the best historical perspective about Berlin attractions through their variety of walking tours. Insider guides are mostly academics and give an extraordinary commentary on the places they cover during the tours.
Voucher Type: Paper
Group Size: Max. 25
Always keep a photo ID handy for security checks.
If you join us at the Zoo U-Bahn Station please bring along a train ticket (2.30 euros one way) or buy one from the guide. From Hackescher Markt none is required as the tour is completely on foot from there.
A boiling pot of history, art culture – oh, and beer! The post Berlin: Everything You Need to Know About the German Capital appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Sign up to our newsletter and get the best isango! has to offer