Enjoy a truly world class sightseeing experience as you take to the skies and experience Melbourne on an exciting hot air balloon tour! Feel the breeze in your hair, sail past skyscrapers, see the Yarra River flowing beneath and experience the city at sunrise.
Top up the Melbourne sunrise hot air balloon flight with an optional full buffet champagne breakfast and enjoy a truly unforgettable Melbourne experience!
1 hour before sunrise (to be confirmed the evening before departure)
Please make your way to Pullman on the Park, 192 Wellington Parade, East Melbourne
Same as the start point
Reach the meeting point at the pre-decided time for the Melbourne Sunrise Hot Air Balloon Flight Tour. The tour starts with a safety briefing before proceeding to the launch site where you can help with the launch or stand back and take pictures.
Hear the birds chirping as you take to the sky. Drift gently over Melbourne and experience the charms of the city from a beautiful vantage point. Feel the breeze caress your face as you sail past the skyscrapers. Follow the Yarra River as it unwinds through parks and gardens.
The hot air balloon tour lasts for an hour where you enjoy a perfect introduction to Melbourne as the city awakens to a new day. Make your own way back to the hotel after the tour.
Optional Champagne Breakfast:
You can round up this wonderful Melbourne experience by heading back to the Pullman on the Park for an optional full buffet champagne breakfast.
Hot air ballooning is a weather dependent activity which means the flight is not guranteed to proceed every day unless it is safe to do so. Therefore, You must call our local activity operator 24 hours prior to start of the tour to confirm all departure details.
Voucher information : You must print and surrender a paper version of your booking voucher for this activity (showing your voucher on a smartphone is not accepted). No refund can be given to customers without a printed copy of their voucher.
Please report at the meeting point or pickup location at least 10 minutes before the start time. Children below 7 years are not allowed.
What to Bring: Warm casual outdoor layered clothing, sturdy shoes, warm socks, cap and sunglasses.
- Comfortable clothing that will not restrict active participation in inflating the balloon, or climbing in and out of the basket should be worn. It is an active morning in the outdoors, so wear clothes that can get stained or dirty. Please note: The burners can sometimes drip water mixed with Carbon. Global Ballooning will not be responsible for clothing that is stained or damaged as a part of this adventure activity.
- Wear clothes as for hiking, including sturdy shoes, warm socks and a cap, sunglasses.
- Depending on the time of year and weather, it can be extremely cold.
- Generally it will not be any colder in the air during the flight than on the ground, so wear layered clothing that can be removed as the day warms up.
- The burners can radiate heat so a hat is recommended.
-High-heeled shoes, thongs/flip flops and open-toe shoes are not suitable.
- Feet can get wet and cold in the early morning dew, so perhaps bring a change of socks.
- High-heeled shoes are not suitable.
- Cameras are welcome but are carried at your own risk.
Working in a travel company, it’s a delight to see how the world is taking little steps to normalcy again. It’s like winning a war that no one was prepared to fight, yet emerged victorious, renewing hopes of a world that heals itself with optimism. I jump for joy every time a mail pops up … Continue reading "COVID-19 Travel Updates: Now Open! These Countries are welcoming Tourists"