01 Mar - 30 Nov: DailyDuration
3 hoursStart time
Tour departs from 502, 23rd Street, NW, Washington, DC 20037.
It is just off the Foggy Bottom Metro Station. Take the right at the top of the escalator and walk down 23rd Street (headed south). Just after you pass Virginia Avenue (approximately 3 blocks), we'll be on the right side. Just look for the sidewalk signs that point to our shop.
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
The tour ends at the starting point
For first-time visitors to DC, this tour offers a fantastic orientation and gives an opportunity to see virtually all of the sites one has read about, from the White House and Capitol Hill to the National Galleries of Art and the war memorials.
This tour has some unavailable dates in the month of November. Should the tour not be available on your chosen date, we have an alternative which operates in the day Click here for the details>>
This tour starts at 6:00pm from 502 23rd Street, NW, Washington, DC 20037. It is just off the Foggy Bottom Metro Station.
Your mode of transport will be a Segway. A guide will accompany you on this tour.
Before you start the tour, you will be given a 30-minute orientation session on how to operate a Segway followed by time to practice on the Segway so that you feel comfortable and ready to go out and sightsee Washington DC. The Segway is appropriate for virtually anyone 16 and older. Unfortunately, pregnant women will not be permitted to participate in this tour.
Highlights of the tour include:
• The White House: This is possibly the most photographed building in the world and the greatest symbol of power. Every president but George Washington has lived in this Executive Mansion.
• The Capitol Building: The government moved to “Jenkins’ Hill“ in 1800 and the building has been in constant development since.
• Smithsonian Castle Building: This was established by British scientist, James Smithson, who sent his fortune in 100 bags of gold for “the increase and diffusion of knowledge”. Serving as the first endowment of the Smithsonian Institution, which has now grown to 15 buildings and complexes.
• National Galleries of Art: Find out which museum was the site of the country’s first presidential assassination. It houses pieces from the world’s finest artisans over the last 3 centuries.
• The Washington Monument: This pinnacle structure is dedicated to the founder of America, George Washington and is the centrepiece of the National Mall.
Also see the Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, WWII Memorial, Old Executive Building, The national mall and more.
The tour ends at the starting point.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour to reconfirm the departure details.
Children below the age of 16 and pregnant women are not permitted to participate in this tour.
Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride.
Prior to the commencement of the Segway Tour, a security deposit of approx $500 for the Segway vehicle will be pre-authorised on your visa or MasterCard account in the form of a credit card slip. This is a routine exercise, and no charges will be made to your credit card if the vehicle is returned without any damage.
The tour offers 1 guide for every 8 persons
Changes in tour route may be necessary due to construction and security-related issues.
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have.
For the evening, the best option is street parking. You would need to pay the parking meter through 6:30 pm and then it’s free. Give yourself some extra time to find a space within a few blocks from the office, which isn’t too hard because many people are leaving the surrounding office buildings at this time. The streets in this immediate area are usually pretty clogged, so again please allow plenty of time to find a space. Otherwise, drive into one of the many parking garages.
Please be aware that many garages in DC are not open very late, so be sure to double check before you enter or leave the garage for operating hours. Always check for temporary parking signs; due to federal security restrictions, street closures are very common in the Central Business District.
Great tour on Segways around the major sights of DC. Saw all the monuments along the Mall and the White House. Included two stops to stretch your legs/recover from driving a...
Unusual concoctions, unbelievable vistas and impossible dexterity!
Discovering life after Uber