As per your convenience
998 Maine Avenue SW, Washington DC 20024.
The tour ends at the starting point
Washington DC’s most popular monuments and memorials are easily accessible by bike and you'll find that a bicycle is the perfect vehicle for touring and sightseeing. Visit its myriad attractions by riding safely on paths, trails and sidewalks.
Take your bike to a Smithsonian museum, cycle along the Potomac River, or head to the presidential and war memorials. If you're looking for a longer ride the area boasts an extensive network of scenic bike paths such as the Capital Crescent Trail and C&O Canal, the Mount Vernon and Curtis Trails, Rock Creek Park and the W&OD Trail.
Whether you're a first-time visitor to DC or a local wishing to rediscover your city, this self-guided bike tour promises to be loads of fun!
Explore the Washington DC area by creating your own itinerary and enjoy the freedom to stop and explore at leisure.
You could ride past the following landmarks:
• Union Station: Begin your cycle ride from this historic train station that houses numerous tourist shops and an upscale shopping mall.
• The White House: This is possibly the most photographed building in the world and the greatest symbol of power. Every president but George Washington has lived in this Executive Mansion.
• Capitol Hill: One of America’s most historic and famous neighbourhoods.
• Smithsonian Castle Building: This was established by British scientist, James Smithson, who sent his fortune in 100 bags of gold for “the increase and diffusion of knowledge”. It serves as the first endowment of the Smithsonian Institution, which has now grown to 15 buildings and complexes.
• Smithsonian Air and Space Museum: This is the most visited museum in the world. The museum on the Mall houses the largest collection of historic air and spacecraft in the world.
• National Galleries of Art: Find out which museum was the site of the country’s first presidential assassination. It houses pieces from the world’s finest artisans over the last 3 centuries.
• Smithsonian Natural History: This is the second most visited museum in the world and houses the famous Hope Diamond and so much more.
• Smithsonian American History Museum: This museum collects anything possible, but got its start with the original flag for the United States and the story behind it.
• The Washington Monument: This pinnacle structure is dedicated to the founder of America, George Washington and is the centrepiece of the National Mall.
• Also see the Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, WWII Memorial, Old Executive Building and more.
If you're looking for a longer ride the area boasts an extensive network of scenic bike paths such as the Capital Crescent Trail and C&O Canal, the Mount Vernon and Curtis Trails, Rock Creek Park and the W&OD Trail.
At the end of an exhilarating experience, return on your bike to the starting point, where your tour ends.
Helmets are mandatory for children, ages 16 and under. Children's trailer tandems and burley trailers are available at extra cost. Please indicate which child attachment will be needed when calling the local activity operator to confirm availability
The tour may be cancelled for safety concerns such as high winds, thunderstorms, excessive heat or cold, or other severe conditions. In the event of such a cancellation, you may either reschedule or request a full refund
Photo ID required at time of rental.
Every year, cities around the world come alive with the vibrant colors of the rainbow flag as they celebrate LGBTQ+ Pride. From… The post From San Francisco to Paris: Exploring the World’s Most Colorful LGBTQ+ Pride Celebrations appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Rome is undoubtedly one of the most popular destinations in the world, attracting millions of tourists each year who flock to see… The post Dolce La Vita in The Eternal City : Unmissable Rome’s Top Attractions in 2023 appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Venice is a true haven for art and architecture enthusiasts, with an extensive collection of concealed treasures scattered all over the city.… The post Venice Unveiled: A Detailed Guide to Must-See Attractions in the City of Canals appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Sign up to our newsletter and get the best isango! has to offer