25 Mar - 31 Oct: DailyDuration
3 hoursStart time
Make your way to the below rental location:
National Mall: 955 L’Enfant Plaza SW, North Building, Suite 905, Washington, DC 20024.
Metro: Take Green, Yellow, Orange or Blue line to L’Enfant Plaza Metro Station. Follow signs for “L’Enfant Plaza” exit; above the exit, you will see large circular artwork of a dog wearing a spacesuit. At the top of the escalator, turn right (you will see a Starbucks) and exit to the outside. Walk towards the square brown Metro pole ahead and turn right and go up the stairs. At the top of the stairs, turn right and walk towards the Plaza. Bike and Roll DC is the first storefront in the first building on the right.
The tour ends at the starting point
This relaxed and easy-paced tour takes you to the National Mall and Potomac Tidal Basin when the monuments are less crowded, the air is cooler, and the views are magnificent. See the superbly illuminated Washington Monument, Vietnam Memorial, World War II memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, and more.
Get off the bike and walk around and explore the enduring landmarks of American history up close and at your leisure.
You haven't seen Washington until you've seen it at night!
There is no hotel pick-up for this Night Bike Tour of Washington DC’s Monuments. Make your own way to the National Mall, 955 L’Enfant Plaza SW, North Building, Suite 905, Washington, DC 20024.
You will receive your bike, helmet (mandatory for children, ages 16 and under), comfort hybrid, a handlebar bag, snacks and bottled water. Each tour begins with a safety and bike usage talk. The tour route takes place on paths, trails, and sidewalks.
Accompanied by an English-speaking guide, set out to explore Washington DC’s monuments and memorials after sunset. You will get ample time to walk around all of the monuments.
Highlights of the tour include:
• The Washington Monument: This obelisk is dedicated to the founder of America, George Washington and is the centrepiece of the National Mall. It is the tallest free standing masonry structure in the world.
• Lincoln Memorial: An enduring symbol of American freedom, the Lincoln memorial is a monument honoring the 16th President of the United States, Abraham Lincoln. The pristine white building is modeled on a Greek temple. Inside is a large sculpture of Abraham Lincoln seated in a chair.
• Vietnam Memorial: The Vietnam Veterans Memorial honors the men and women who served in the Vietnam War. Its main monument, known as 'The Wall' is the most visited memorial in Washington.
• WWII Memorial: This is one of Washington D.C.’s newest monuments. The National World War II Memorial honors the 16 million who served in the armed forces during the war and the 400,000 Americans that died in that war. It is flanked by two of Washington D.C.’s most notable structures – the Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial.
• Jefferson Memorial: Modeled along the lines of the Pantheon in Rome, this tribute to Thomas Jefferson, the third President of the United States, is located at the south side of the Tidal Basin. It is dominated by a neo-classical dome with a portico in the centre of a manmade lake. The lake is surrounded by cherry trees, a gift from the city of Tokyo to the city of Washington in 1912. It is one of the most photographed sights in Washington, especially when the trees are laden with cherry blossoms.
At the end of an unforgettable experience, return on your bike to the starting point, where your tour ends.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details and to give your height details.
Helmets are mandatory for children, ages 16 and under. Children's trailer tandems and burley trailers are available at extra cost. Please indicate which child attachment will be needed when calling the local activity operator to confirm availability.
please arrive 15 minutes prior to tour start for check-in.
The tour may be cancelled for safety concerns such as high winds, thunderstorms, excessive heat or cold, or other severe conditions. In the event of such a cancellation, you may either reschedule or request a full refund.
Get your art on.
It may be "built for kids", but trust us, it's great for adults too.
The post Five Reasons Why You Should Visit LEGOLAND Florida appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.