11 Mar - 09 Dec:DailyDuration
3 hoursStart time
10:30am (Please arrive by 10:15am for check-in)Meeting Point
Make your way to the below rental location:
National Mall: 955 L’Enfant Plaza SW, North Building, Suite 905, Washington, DC 20024.
Metro: Take Green, Yellow, Orange or Blue line to L’Enfant Plaza Metro Station. Follow signs for “L’Enfant Plaza” exit; above the exit, you will see large circular artwork of a dog wearing a spacesuit. At the top of the escalator, turn right (you will see a Starbucks) and exit to the outside. Walk towards the square brown Metro pole ahead and turn right and go up the stairs. At the top of the stairs, turn right and walk towards the Plaza. Bike and Roll DC is the first storefront in the first building on the right.
FOOT/BIKE: Use the address 470 L’Enfant Plaza SW Navigate to intersection of Independence Ave and L’Enfant Plaza SW. You should see the Smithsonian Castle/Visitor Center. From there, cross Independence Avenue and take the sidewalk of L’Enfant Plaza for 1 1/2 blocks. Make your first left just before the construction. Walk past the building lobby to the end of the sidewalk.
By TAXI: Use address 475 L'Enfant Plaza SW At this address, you will see a large building under construction. Face the new building, cross the street and take the sidewalk to the left. Walk past the building lobby to the end of the sidewalk.
The tour ends at the starting point
The bike tour is not the least bit strenuous but is energizing and fun, and even children can participate in it. With frequent stops for information and photo opportunities and an expert guide to lead you this tour is both exciting and informative.
Just some of the sites you will see and learn about are; the National Mall and Capitol Hill, including the Capitol Building, Supreme Court, Smithsonian Museums, World War II Memorial, the Washington Monument, and more.
Perfect for first timers and those who want to do something a little different in DC - don't miss out - book today!
On arrival at the start point you will receive your bike, helmet (mandatory for children, ages 16 and under), comfort hybrid, a handlebar bag, snacks and bottled water. Each tour begins with a safety and bike usage talk. The tour route takes place on paths, trails, and sidewalks.
Accompanied by an English-speaking guide, set out to explore vibrant Washington DC at a relaxed pace. You will cover about 7-8 miles on this leisurely bicycle tour.
The biking tour will stop frequently for information and photo opportunities.
Highlights of the tour include:
• Union Station: This is a historic train station that houses numerous tourist shops and an upscale shopping mall.
• Capitol Hill: One of America’s most historic and famous neighborhoods.
• Smithsonian Castle Building: This was established by British scientist, James Smithson, who sent his fortune in 100 bags of gold for “the increase and diffusion of knowledge”. It serves as the first endowment of the Smithsonian Institution, which has now grown to 15 buildings and complexes.
• Smithsonian Air and Space Museum: This is the most visited museum in the world. The museum on the Mall houses the largest collection of historic air and spacecrafts in the world.
• National Galleries of Art: Find out which museum was the site of the country’s first presidential assassination. It houses pieces from the world’s finest artisans from the past 300 years.
• Smithsonian Natural History: This is the second most visited museum in the world and houses the famous Hope Diamond and so much more.
• Smithsonian American History Museum: This museum collects anything possible, but got its start with the original flag for the United States and the story behind it.
• The Washington Monument: This pinnacle structure is dedicated to the founder of America, George Washington and is the centerpiece of the National Mall.
• Also see the Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, WWII Memorial, Old Executive Building and more.
Your informative guide will provide you with interesting information, practical touring tips and help you plan your trip ahead.
At the end of an exhilarating experience, return on your bike to the starting point, where your tour ends.
Helmets are mandatory for children, ages 16 and under. Children's trailer tandems and burley trailers are available at extra cost. Please indicate which child attachment will be needed when calling the local activity operator to confirm availability
The tour may be cancelled for safety concerns such as high winds, thunderstorms, excessive heat or cold, or other severe conditions. In the event of such a cancellation, you may either reschedule or request a full refund.
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have.
Everything was tops, the bikes and the the guide. Best way to see all the monuments....
I was in a really small group, just me a other person and the guide (it was like a private tour ;)) I´ve seen everything I wanted to see and even more!! The guide was a really...
Travel predictions for the savvy traveler
Shhh…there’s more to it than Machu Pichu
Phew! That’s the Christmas and New Year’s celebrations well out the way! I don’t know about you but January & February, here in the UK at least, can be dull and depressingly dank. Never-ending days of grey skies, biting winds and freezing temperatures. Urgh! That needn’t be the case; this is the perfect time of … Continue reading "Why You Need To Travel To Disneyland® Paris Now"