The bike tour is not the least bit strenuous but is energizing and fun, and even children can participate in it. With frequent stops for information and photo opportunities and an expert guide to lead you this tour is both exciting and informative.
Just some of the sites you will see and learn about are; the National Mall and Capitol Hill, including the Capitol Building, Supreme Court, Smithsonian Museums, World War II Memorial, the Washington Monument, and more.
Perfect for first timers and those who want to do something a little different in DC - don't miss out - book today!
3 hoursStart time
10:30am (Please arrive by 10:15am for check-in)
955 L’Enfant Plaza Washington, DC 20024-2119, between 9th and 10th streets SW
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
The tour ends at the starting point
On arrival at the start point you will receive your bike, helmet (mandatory for children, ages 16 and under), comfort hybrid, a handlebar bag, snacks and bottled water. Each tour begins with a safety and bike usage talk. The tour route takes place on paths, trails, and sidewalks.
Accompanied by an English-speaking guide, set out to explore vibrant Washington DC at a relaxed pace. You will cover about 7-8 miles on this leisurely bicycle tour.
The biking tour will stop frequently for information and photo opportunities.
Highlights of the tour include:
• Union Station: This is a historic train station that houses numerous tourist shops and an upscale shopping mall.
• Capitol Hill: One of America’s most historic and famous neighborhoods.
• Smithsonian Castle Building: This was established by British scientist, James Smithson, who sent his fortune in 100 bags of gold for “the increase and diffusion of knowledge”. It serves as the first endowment of the Smithsonian Institution, which has now grown to 15 buildings and complexes.
• Smithsonian Air and Space Museum: This is the most visited museum in the world. The museum on the Mall houses the largest collection of historic air and spacecrafts in the world.
• National Galleries of Art: Find out which museum was the site of the country’s first presidential assassination. It houses pieces from the world’s finest artisans from the past 300 years.
• Smithsonian Natural History: This is the second most visited museum in the world and houses the famous Hope Diamond and so much more.
• Smithsonian American History Museum: This museum collects anything possible, but got its start with the original flag for the United States and the story behind it.
• The Washington Monument: This pinnacle structure is dedicated to the founder of America, George Washington and is the centerpiece of the National Mall.
• Also see the Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, WWII Memorial, Old Executive Building and more.
Your informative guide will provide you with interesting information, practical touring tips and help you plan your trip ahead.
At the end of an exhilarating experience, return on your bike to the starting point, where your tour ends.
Helmets are mandatory for children, ages 16 and under. Children's trailer tandems and burley trailers are available at extra cost. Please indicate which child attachment will be needed when calling the local activity operator to confirm availability
The tour may be cancelled for safety concerns such as high winds, thunderstorms, excessive heat or cold, or other severe conditions. In the event of such a cancellation, you may either reschedule or request a full refund.
Everything was tops, the bikes and the the guide. Best way to see all the monuments....Atli Arason, Iceland
I was in a really small group, just me a other person and the guide (it was like a private tour ;)) I´ve seen everything I wanted to see and even more!! The guide was a really...ANITA A BURKERT, United States
Tokyo highs, see the Autumn colours!
Give thanks & keep on trekkin'!
The post What I’m Thankful for this Thanksgiving Celebration 2019: The Travel Edition appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
No excuses not to travel solo now!!
The post 5 Reasons Why Travelling By Yourself Is A Good Idea appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Isango is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’. Think of us as your gateway to the world.
“Isango” is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’; think of us as your gateway to the world.isango! is a specialist retailer of tours, experiences and attraction tickets. We work across 300+ destinations with more than 10,000 experiences to choose from. Working alongside the best local operators from around the world, we curate travel content, products and services, ensuring our customers are well informed and easily able to choose the right experience for them. We deliver only the best to our customers, with all isango! products handpicked by our expert travel team.Love Orlando Tickets Paris Magic Moments Continue reading