Daily except MondayDuration
10 hoursStart time
Start time: 0800h (8:00am)
Duration: 10 hours
You will be picked up from the dockside of your cruise ship. Please provide as many details as possible about your cruise liner (eg name of ship, company) at the time of booking.Ending Point
You will be returned to your cruise ship.
The original marble statue of David housed in the Galleria della Accademia is a major tourist attraction Florence. The buildings and monuments in the city give an interesting insight into the renaissance art and architecture that took roots in Italy and spread like wildfire to the rest of Europe.
The tour also takes you to the city of Pisa, home to the world famous Leaning Tower of Pisa.
You will be picked up from the dockside of your cruise ship in Livorno for your private shore excursion. You will travel in an air-conditioned vehicle accompanied by a guide.
En route to Florence you will make a stop in Pisa to visit the Square of Miracles. Your guide will escort you around the Duomo, the Baptistry and of course the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa.
On arrival in Florence you will have a 3 hour walking tour with a local guide. This tour introduces many of the highlights of the historical centre of Rome such as:
• Palazzo Strozzi: Palazzo Strozzi is one of the symbols of Renaissance architecture. The palace appears as a small fortress in the heart of the city.
• Palazzo Vecchio: This grand building has been the political centre of Florence for centuries.
• Ponte Vecchio: Ponte Vecchio is the oldest bridge in Florence on the river Arno. Today, the bridge is home to numerous jewellery shops selling antique and designer jewellery.
• Piazza Signoria: From here, you can admire the imposing exterior of the Palazzo Vecchio, the town hall of Florence.
• Brunelleschi's Dome: Encompassing a diameter of 143 feet, the enormous size of the dome is one of the western world's greatest architectural mysteries.
• Ghiberti's Gates of Paradise: See the bronze doors created by Lorenzo Ghiberti between 1425 and 1452 for the eastern portal of the Baptistery in Florence and learn why Michelangelo was more than justified in calling them the Gates of Paradise.
As part of the tour you will visit the Galleria della Accademia, home to many renaissance masterpieces, most famously Michelangelo’s David. Reservations will be made in advance which means you do not have to queue to enter the gallery. Your guided walking tour will end inside the gallery and you are free to stay inside and browse the works at your leisure.
The remainder of the day is at leisure. Your guide will be at your disposal to recommend how to make the most of your time in Florence.
At the end of the day you will be returned back to your cruise ship in Livorno. You will arrive at your cruise ship at around 1800h (6:00pm).
Please call the local activity operator anytime between 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday to Saturday, atleast a day prior to the start of the tour to confirm the departure details.
Your tour guide will be holding sign with your name written on it
Please mention your preferred start time in the special request section at the time of booking.
In case of cancellation or amendment to the fees for Accademia (15euro p.p.) are not refundable.
Wheelchair accessible upon request.
Get your art on.
It may be "built for kids", but trust us, it's great for adults too.
The post Five Reasons Why You Should Visit LEGOLAND Florida appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.