3 hoursStart time
10:00am and 2:00pm
Duration: 3 hours
Tour departs from 502, 23rd Street, NW, Washington, DC 20037.
It is just off the Foggy Bottom Metro Station. Take the right at the top of the escalator and walk down 23rd Street (headed south). Just after you pass Virginia Avenue (approximately 3 blocks), we'll be on the right side. Just look for the sidewalk signs that point to our shop.
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
The tour ends at the starting point
The Segway tour is perfect for both, those new to the city and locals looking to experience Washington DC with an effortless glide. This tour offers a fantastic orientation and an opportunity to see virtually all of the famous sites and monuments of America’s capital city.
Before you start the tour, you will be given a 30-minute orientation session on how to operate a Segway followed by time to practice on the Segway so that you feel comfortable and ready to go out and sightsee Washington DC. The Segway is appropriate for virtually anyone 17 and older. Unfortunately, pregnant women will not be permitted to participate in this tour.
Highlights of the tour include:
• The White House: This is possibly the most photographed building in the world and the greatest symbol of power. Every president but George Washington has lived in this Executive Mansion.
• The Capitol Building: The government moved to “Jenkins’ Hill“ in 1800 and the building has been in constant development since.
• Smithsonian Castle Building: This was established by British scientist, James Smithson, who sent his fortune in 100 bags of gold for “the increase and diffusion of knowledge”. Serving as the first endowment of the Smithsonian Institution which has now grown to 15 buildings and complexes.
• National Galleries of Art: Find out which museum was the site of the country’s first presidential assassination. It houses pieces from the world’s finest artisans over the last 3 centuries.
• The Washington Monument: This pinnacle structure is dedicated to the founder of America, George Washington and is the centrepiece of the National Mall.
• Also see the Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, WWII Memorial, Old Executive Building, The National Mall and more.
The tour ends at the starting point.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour to reconfirm the departure details.
Children below the age of 16 and pregnant women are not permitted to participate in this tour
Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride.
Prior to the commencement of the Segway Tour, a security deposit of approx $500 USD for the Segway vehicle will be pre-authorised on your visa or mastercard account in the form of a credit card slip. This is a routine exercise, and no charges will be made to your credit card if the vehicle is returned without any damage.
For day parking, the Metro or a Parking Garage will be your best option because street parking is only good for 1 hour or 2 hours at a time and this is strictly enforced. If you want to use a parking garage in this area, they typically charge $7 - $9 per hour.
The tour offers 1 guide for every 8 persons
Changes in tour route may be necessary due to construction and security-related issues.
Please be aware that many garages in DC are not open very late, so be sure to double check before you enter or leave the garage for operating hours. Always check for temporary parking signs; due to federal security restrictions, street closures are very common in the Central Business District.
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have.
This was a really fun way to see the sights of Washington and allowed to squeeze a lot in to a short time. The guide was friendly, organised and extremely informative. The...
i had a great time with no problems booking with isango and no problem redeeming my voucher at the other end. I will definitely book with isango again as the priced are...
Enjoying Christmas Singapore style
What to do and - more importantly - when to do it
The post 10 Unworldly Experiences in Sydney…and How to Top Them! appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Add some extra sparkle to Christmas
The post Why A London Theatre Break Makes For The Perfect Christmas Holiday Treat appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.