5 days, 4 nightsStart time
From Starbucks Coffee Shop, Farmers Market Corner of Fairfax, Blvd and 3rd St: 6:30am
4 Points Sheraton Culver City Hotel, 5990 Green Valley Circle, Culver City in the lobby of the hotel: 7:00am
You can join the tour from either of the locations mentioned below
1. Starbucks Coffee Shop (entrance), Farmers Market Corner of Fairfax, Blvd and 3rd St
2. 4 Points Sheraton Culver City Hotel, 5990 Green Valley Circle, Culver City in the lobby of the hotel
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
The tour ends at the departure point
Travel north to beautiful Santa Barbara, often referred to as 'The American Riviera'. Tour San Francisco by sea and land and discover why it’s said to be one of the world’s most beautiful cities.
Enjoy the knock-your-socks-off beauty of Yosemite National Park. Then, for complete contrast, sample the wholly man-made glamour and glitz of Vegas. Marvel at the pulsating life of The Strip. See the extravagant spectacles and enjoy the fun.
Before returning to Los Angeles, make a stop at the magnificent Hoover Dam and admire this work of engineering genius.
Throughout your tour you will travel in a de luxe coach and spend the night in comfortable well-appointed hotels. A professional guide goes with you all the way.
Day 1 (Monday): Los Angeles – Silicon Valley
There are two departure points for this excursion. Hotel pick-up is not included so you should make your way to either Starbucks Coffee Shop at Farmers Market Corner of Fairfax, Blvd and 3rd St, at 06.30 am, or to 4 Points Sheraton Culver City Hotel, 5990 Green Valley Circle, Culver City, where you will meet your guide in the lobby of the hotel at 07.00 am.
For your entire 3-day tour you will be transported in a deluxe air-conditioned vehicle and accompanied by a professional guide. (You should state on your booking form whether you require an English, Italian or Spanish- speaking guide.) At the start of the tour, you will depart north up the spectacular California Coast to Santa Barbara, one of the earliest Spanish settlements in this part of the Americas.
From Santa Barbara, the tour continues north and stops at Solvang, founded in 1911 by a Danish community. Here you will find bakeries, restaurants, and shops offering a taste of Denmark in California. Much of the architecture follows traditional Danish style.
After a lunch stop at Solvang, you will head north to the world famous 17 Mile Drive from where you will enjoy a stunning view of the California coastline.
You will stop at charming Carmel, known for its natural beauty and the large number of artists, poets and writers who have chosen to live there. Actor-director Clint Eastwood, was mayor of the town from 1986 to 1988.
From Carmel you will proceed to Silicon Valley. On arrival, you will be dropped at the Santa Clara – La Quinta Inn & Suites, where you will spend the night.
Day 2 (Tuesday): San Francisco - Bay Cruise - Golden Gate Bridge - Chinatown
After breakfast, you will set out with your tour guide to explore San Francisco. Your day starts with a delightful 45-minute narrated cruise in the world-famous Bay. Have your camera ready to capture the city’s famous skyline with its amazing mix of buildings. Pass under the renowned Golden Gate Bridge and marvel at its colossal span. Sail back past notorious Alcatraz Island, site of the former federal prison that once housed Al Capone.
Return to Pier 39 for a leisurely lunch (payable direct) before an afternoon tour that takes in all the city’s famous landmarks. You will make stops at a number of key sights. Highlights include:
• Golden Gate Bridge: This magnificent feat of engineering crosses the Golden Gate – the point where San Francisco Bay meets the Pacific Ocean.
• Union Square: A haven for shoppers, with an impressive collection of department stores, up-scale boutiques, local trinket shops, and salons.
• Chinatown : Dating from the 1850s, this congested and colourful area is the oldest Chinatown in the United States.
• Nob Hill : See San Francisco’s iconic cable cars make the climb through this beautiful hilly neighborhood, which was almost completely destroyed by the 1906 earthquake.
End the day with a stunning evening view of the twinkling lights of the city from the Bay Bridge.
You will spend the night at the 3-star Modesto – Park Inn Hotel during summers and at Monterey/Holiday Inn Hotel in winters.
Day 3 (Wednesday): San Francisco – Yosemite
Leaving San Francisco after breakfast, your route for the day goes through farmlands of the Joaquin Valley to the magnificent Yosemite National Park. This 1,200 square mile wonderland of forests, lakes and waterfalls is located in the Sierra Nevada.
You will stop to see the following famous Yosemite features:
• El Capitan : A massive rock formation that rises 3,000 feet and is a mecca for the rock climbers of the world.
• Bridalveil Fall : 188 meters (620 ft) high and one of the most prominent waterfalls in the Yosemite Valley.
• Half Dome : A granite dome at the eastern end of Yosemite Valley. The crest rises more than 4,737 ft (1,444 m) above the valley floor.
From November to April, the visit to Yosemite will be replaced by a visit to the world famous Hearst Castle. This incredible edifice was built by newspaper baron William Randolph Hearst early in the 20th century as a playground for himself and his guests, many of whom were Hollywood celebrities. The massive Castle contains a phenomenal collection of antiques and priceless treasures, including Greek vases dating from 800 BC, rare oriental carpets, and countless works of art.
In the evening, you will drive to Las Vegas and spend the night at the Comfort Suites Stevenson Ranch.
Day 4 (Thursday): Stevenson Ranch - Las Vegas
You will set out east and travel through dramatic desert scenery to the famous Death Valley, the hottest, driest, lowest place in North America. This is a starkly beautiful wilderness with sand dunes, canyons, parched salt flats, volcanic craters and multicolored rock formations.
Stop for lunch at the outlet mall at the Nevada State Line (payable direct). You will have time at the mall to enjoy your lunch and browse the stores, which are filled with upscale brands like Levi’s, Nike, Reebok, Timberland and many more.
After leaving the mall you will drive on across the barren expanse of the great Mojave Desert and arrive in Las Vegas in the late afternoon. In the evening you will take a 4-hour tour of the legendary Strip to see some of the incredible hotels and fantasies that have been created in the middle of the desert. Some of the highlights include:
• Caesars Palace: This resort has defined excess on the Strip, a massive spa with Roman baths; elaborate mosaics and classical architecture around the pools; one of the biggest casinos in Vegas.
• Mirage: Lodging, dining and casino in a tropical rainforest with soaring palms and sparkling waterfalls, not to mention a sizzling volcano.
• Luxor: Egyptian-themed resort – a 350 foot high, (108 m) 3-story pyramid of black glass with a giant Sphinx.
• Paris Las Vegas: Includes a 541-foot-tall (164.6 m) replica of the Eiffel Tower, a two-thirds size Arc de Triomphe and a replica of La Fontaine des Mers. The front of the hotel suggests the Paris Opera House and the Louvre.
• New York New York: The architecture of this resort creates an impression of the New York City skyline. You will see replicas of New York City towers such as the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building. In front of the property is a pool representing New York Harbor, with a 150 ft (46 m) tall (half-scale) replica of the Statue of Liberty.
• Treasure Island: This resort features a free nightly show – ‘The Sirens of TI’ – broadly based on the exploits of pirates on a Caribbean Island. It includes singing, dancing, audio-visual effects, bare-chested pirates and attractive women.
Finish off the evening by enjoying one of the many shows Vegas has to offer (payable direct). Or try your hand at one of the many casinos.
You will spend the night at the Linq Hotel.
Day 5 (Friday): Las Vegas - Hoover Dam - Los Angeles
After a leisurely breakfast, you leave Las Vegas and head across the desert to the mighty Hoover Dam. Towering 725 feet above the powerful Colorado River, it is a spectacular feat of engineering. Rated as one of the man-made wonders of the world, it is noteworthy not only for its immense size and complex design but also for the huge technical challenges that were overcome during construction.
You will also see the blue waters of lovely Lake Mead. It is the largest man-made lake and reservoir in the US and a life-line to the settlements of the southwest.
You will spend around 3 hours at the Dam enjoying the standard tour and visitor center. Afterwards, you will head west and stop for one last chance at the slot machines on the State Line as you cross back into California.
You will arrive back in Los Angeles at around 7.00 pm and you can be dropped off at either Starbucks Coffee Shop at Farmers Market or 4 Points Sheraton Culver City Hotel. At the start of the tour please advise your guide which of these you prefer. After you are dropped off, you will need to make your own arrangements to get back to your accommodation
Hotels mentioned in itinerary are subject to availability
Double and Single room options are available for your San Francisco and Las Vegas Tour from Los Angeles. Meals are not included in this tour. Breakfast and dinner can be obtained in or close to your hotels and lunch stops will be made at appropriate points on the route.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details.
Luggage is limited to one piece per person with the following dimensions: 21" X 12" X 12" (46cm x 30cm x 30cm) and a maximum of 22 pounds (10 kgs).
From November to April, the visit to Yosemite will be replaced by a visit to the world famous Hearst Castle.
At the end of your tour you can be dropped off at either Starbucks Coffee Shop at Farmers Market or 4 Points Sheraton Culver City Hotel. At the start of the tour please advise your guide which of these you prefer.
Smoking is not permitted on the motor coach
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have
The activity operator reserves the right to refuse carriage to passengers whose behavior makes it a hardship to the tour escort to conduct the tour or for the tour passengers general well being or enjoyment of the tour program.
This tour is suitable for people with limited mobility if they can get out of the wheelchair and sit in a regular seat and fold the chair to stow away.
For the San Francisco and Las Vegas Tour from Los Angeles (Double) option, prices are based on two people sharing a room. Rooms with 2 double beds will be provided; in the event of a three people in a room no extra bedding will be provided.
The hotels listed in the Itinerary are used on most departures; however, hotels of an equivalent standard (3-4 stars) may be substituted.
All hotels are centrally located and have breakfast areas
After a whirlwind trip, we’re taking stock of our time in Portugal’s capital.
Ghosts, vampires, and zombies welcome
Wandering amongst the nooks and crannies of Delhi's spiritual corner