Thursdays (first day of tour)Duration
2 days, 1 nightStart time
From Starbucks Coffee Shop, Farmers Market Corner of Fairfax, Blvd and 3rd St: 06:30am
4 Points Sheraton Culver City Hotel, 5990 Green Valley Circle, Culver City in the lobby of the hotel: 07:00am
Duration: 2 days,1 night
The tour departs either from Starbucks Coffee Shop (entrance), Farmers Market Corner of Fairfax, Blvd and 3rd St or from 4 Points Sheraton Culver City Hotel, 5990 Green Valley Circle, Culver City in the lobby of the hotel
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
The tour ends at the departure point
Travel through the stark beauty of the desert, stopping for some high-end brand bargains at a State Line mall. On arrival in Vegas, a glittering evening tour will reveal the glittering extravaganza that happens every night of the year. Expect fountains, fiery volcanoes, bare-chested pirates and beautiful women, a giant pyramid and Sphinx, the New York skyline and much much more.
If the mood takes you, try a little gambling. Who knows – Lady Luck may smile! Or catch one of the famed Vegas shows.
Overnight in a comfortable hotel and awake refreshed for a journey across rugged landscapes to the Hoover Dam. Rising more than 700 feet above the raging waters of the mighty Colorado, the Dam is one of the greatest engineering works in history.
Return to Los Angeles ready to tell tales of your exciting experiences.
Double and Single room options are available for your Las Vegas Highlights Tour from Los Angeles. Meals are not included in this tour. Breakfast and dinner can be obtained in or close to your hotels and lunch stops will be made at appropriate points on the route.
Day 1(Thursday): Los Angeles – Las Vegas
There are two departure points for this excursion. Hotel pick-up is not included so you should make your way to either Starbucks Coffee Shop at Farmers Market Corner of Fairfax, Blvd and 3rd St, at 06:30am, or to 4 Points Sheraton Culver City Hotel, 5990 Green Valley Circle, Culver City, where you will meet your guide in the lobby of the hotel at 07:00am.
For your entire 2-day tour you will be transported in a de luxe air-conditioned vehicle and accompanied by a professional guide. (You should state on your booking form whether you require an English, Italian or Spanish- speaking guide.)
You will set out east and travel through dramatic desert scenery to the famous Death Valley, the hottest, driest, lowest place in North America. This is a starkly beautiful wilderness with sand dunes, canyons, parched salt flats, volcanic craters and multicolored rock formations.
Stop for lunch at the outlet mall at the Nevada State Line (payable direct). You will have 90 minutes at the mall to enjoy your lunch and browse the stores, which are filled with upscale brands like Levi’s, Nike, Reebok, Timberland and many more.
After leaving the mall you will drive on across the barren expanse of the great Mojave Desert. Look out for local wildlife, including jack rabbits, road-runners and big-horn sheep, as well as the feral mustangs and burros.
You will arrive in Las Vegas in the late afternoon (around 5:30pm). In the evening you will take a 4-hour tour of the legendary Strip to see some of the incredible hotels and fantasies that have been created in the middle of the desert. Some of the highlights include:
• Caesars Palace: This resort has defined excess on the Strip, a massive spa with Roman baths; elaborate mosaics and classical architecture around the pools; one of the biggest casinos in Vegas.
• Mirage: Lodging, dining and casino in a tropical rainforest with soaring palms and sparkling waterfalls, not to mention a sizzling volcano.
• Luxor: Egyptian-themed resort – a 350 foot high, (108 m) 3-story pyramid of black glass with a giant Sphinx.
• Paris Las Vegas: Includes a 541-foot-tall (164.6 m) replica of the Eiffel Tower, a sign in the shape of the Montgolfier balloon, a two-thirds size Arc de Triomphe and a replica of La Fontaine des Mers. The front of the hotel suggests the Paris Opera House and the Louvre.
• Mandalay Bay: Tropical themed resort. The building is a distinctive gold color because of the actual gold leaf used on the windows.
• New York New York: The architecture of this resort creates an impression of the New York City skyline. You will see replicas of New York City towers such as the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building. In front of the property is a pool representing New York Harbor, with a 150 ft (46 m) tall (half-scale) replica of the Statue of Liberty, a roller coaster, and replicas of the Brooklyn Bridge, Soldiers and Sailors Monument, the Whitney Museum of American Art, Ellis Island, and Grand Central Terminal, among other well-known structures.
• Treasure Island: This resort features a free nightly show – ‘The Sirens of TI’ – broadly based on the exploits of pirates on a Caribbean Island. It includes singing, dancing, audio-visual effects, bare-chested pirates and attractive women.
Finish off the evening by enjoying one of the many shows Vegas has to offer (payable direct). Or try your hand at one of the many casinos.
You will spend the night at the Tropicana Hotel, at the heart of the Strip. This 4-star hotel offers 24-hour casino gaming, nightly entertainment and a variety of on-site restaurants serving everything from steaks and seafood to fine Italian cuisine.
Each standard Tropicana Las Vegas hotel room features all the comforts of home including an iron and ironing board, hair dryer plus one king, two queen or two double beds.
The hotel also has a large, outdoor pool with a seasonal bar and swim-up blackjack. Guests can also enjoy the swim-up bar and heated, indoor pool. The hotel also features nightly shows.
Day 2 (Friday): Las Vegas to Los Angeles
After a leisurely breakfast, you will leave Las Vegas and head across the desert to the mighty Hoover Dam. Towering 725 feet above the powerful Colorado River, it is a spectacular feat of engineering. Rated as one of the man-made wonders of the world, it is noteworthy not only for its immense size and complex design but also for the huge technical challenges that were overcome during construction.
You will also see the blue waters of lovely Lake Mead. It is the largest man-made lake and reservoir in the US and a life-line to the settlements of the southwest.
You will spend around 3 hours at the Dam enjoying the standard tour and visitor center. Afterwards, you will head west and stop for one last chance at the slot machines on the State Line as you cross back into California.
You will arrive back in Los Angeles by around 07:00pm and can be dropped off at either Starbucks Coffee Shop at Farmers Market or 4 Points Sheraton Culver City Hotel. At the start of the tour please advise your guide which of these you prefer. After you are dropped off, you will need to make your own arrangements to get back to your accommodation
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details.
Luggage is limited to one piece per person with the following dimensions: 21" X 12" X12" (46cm x 30cm x 30cm) and a maximum of 22 pounds (10 kgs).
At the end of your tour you can be dropped off at either Starbucks Coffee Shop at Farmers Market or 4 Points Sheraton Culver City Hotel. At the start of the tour please advise your guide which of these you prefer.
Smoking is not permitted on the motor coach
Get your art on.
It may be "built for kids", but trust us, it's great for adults too.
The post Five Reasons Why You Should Visit LEGOLAND Florida appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.