Daily except Monday
07:30am, 08:00am & 08:30am
(Please mention your preferred start time in the special request section at the time of booking.)
You will be returned to your cruise ship.
The Uffizi Gallery in Florence is a treasure house of Renaissance painting and sculpture - a visit is like a journey into the history of Renaissance art. You will also visit the Galleria Della Accademia, home to Michelangelo’s David. While in Florence see the Piazza Signoria, one of the greatest symbols of renaissance architecture and admire the Ghiberti's Gates of Paradise.
This tour also visits Pisa, to visit the famed Leaning Tower.
You will be picked up from the dockside of your cruise ship in Livorno at 0800h (08:00am) for your private shore excursion. You will travel in an air-conditioned vehicle accompanied by a guide.
En route to Florence you will make a stop in Pisa to visit the Square of Miracles. Your guide will escort you around the Duomo, the Baptistry and of course the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa.
On arrival in Florence you will have a 3 hour walking tour with a local guide. This tour introduces many of the highlights of the historical centre of Rome such as:
• Palazzo Strozzi: Palazzo Strozzi is one of the symbols of Renaissance architecture. The palace appears as a small fortress in the heart of the city.
• Palazzo Vecchio: This grand building has been the political centre of Florence for centuries.
• Ponte Vecchio: Ponte Vecchio is the oldest bridge in Florence on the river Arno. Today, the bridge is home to numerous jewellery shops selling antique and designer jewellery.
• Piazza Signoria: From here, you can admire the imposing exterior of the Palazzo Vecchio, the town hall of Florence.
• Brunelleschi's Dome: Encompassing a diameter of 143 feet, the enormous size of the dome is one of the western world's greatest architectural mysteries.
• Ghiberti's Gates of Paradise: See the bronze doors created by Lorenzo Ghiberti between 1425 and 1452 for the eastern portal of the Baptistery in Florence and learn why Michelangelo was more than justified in calling them the Gates of Paradise.
As part of the tour you will visit the Galleria della Accademia, home to many renaissance masterpieces, most famously Michelangelo’s David. Reservations will be made in advance which means you do not have to queue to enter the gallery. Your guided walking tour will end inside the gallery and you are free to stay inside and browse the works at your leisure.
You will then visit the Uffizi Gallery. The Uffizi is home to an amazing collection of Primitive and Renaissance paintings. See the masterpieces by artists such as Giotto, Botticelli, Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raffaello, Tiziano, Caravaggio, just to name a few.
The remainder of the day is at leisure. Your guide will be at your disposal to recommend how to make the most of your time in Florence.
At the end of the day you will be returned back to your cruise ship in Livorno. You will arrive at your cruise ship at around 1800h (6:00pm).
Voucher Information: No need to print! You can show your voucher on your smartphone or other devices. (But if you’d rather print a copy – that’s fine too!)
Please call the local activity operator anytime between 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday to Saturday, atleast a day prior to the start of the tour to confirm the departure details.
Your tour guide will be holding sign with your name written on it
Please mention your preferred start time in the special request section at the time of booking.
In case of cancellation or amendment to the fees for Accademia and Uffizi (30euro p.p.) are not refundable.
Wheelchair accessible upon request.
Children must be accompanied by an adult. Infant seats are available on special request if advised at the time of booking.
Pink really is pretty The post Jaipur: The City That’s Pretty in Pink – The Best Things to Do appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Walk in a Winter Wonderland. The post Lapland: Christmas All Year Round! Best Things to Do appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Make your way to San Jose The post Visiting San Jose: Best Things to Do in the Costa Rican Capital appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Sign up to our newsletter and get the best isango! has to offer