Tuesday & SaturdayDuration
8 hoursStart time
8:30 amMeeting Point
Your hotel in Abu Dhabi. (Please advise your hotel at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 24 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details.)Ending Point
Your hotel in Abu Dhabi
Drive along the beautiful Corniche (a boulevard) along Abu Dhabi’s beachfront with its sprinkling of cafes and restaurants, and enjoy a sumptuous lunch at the Emirates Palace Hotel, which captivates visitors with its luxury and opulence.
Enjoy the highlights of Abu Dhabi and you will know why it is known as the ‘Manhattan of the Middle East’.
You will be picked up in an air-conditioned coach/ private vehicle from your hotel in Abu Dhabi and taken on a tour of the highlights of the city. A guide (English or German-speaking) will accompany you on this tour. You can choose between coach tour or private tour.
You will visit the following sites:
• Your first stop will be the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque. One of the most recognisable landmarks in Abu Dhabi, the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is a remarkable symbol of Islamic architecture with pristine white domes and minarets. The Mosque features 82 domes all decorated with white marble and 1,000 marble columns each inlaid with semi-precious stones. The prayer halls are bedecked with Italian white marble inlaid with floral designs and the Mosque’s interior walls have decorative gold-glass mosaics. It is one of the only two mosques in the UAE open to non-Muslims. You will spend an hour exploring the mosque.
• Next, you will drive through the Union Square, which is also known as Cannon Square. It displays the heritage of Abu Dhabi through various sculptural objects. • From Union Square, you will proceed to the recently renovated Corniche (an 8-kilometres long boulevard) which is the city's showpiece, with its beachfront location, paved walkways and lush greenery. From there, a road leads to the breakwater, an area of reclaimed land off the main Abu Dhabi Island. Featuring a luxury shopping mall, water sports club and Heritage Village, this area has a number of Arabic cafes and restaurants along the waterfront.
• Head towards the Heritage Village on the breakwater for a taste of life before the discovery of oil. The display offers an insight into Bedouin life, as well as medieval houses, wind towers and the ancient irrigation systems used in the region's oases.
• Your last stop will be at Marina Mall. One of the most popular malls in Abu Dhabi, it is a beautifully designed mall situated amidst tented courtyards and fountains. The mall houses about 270 stores, from high street to high-end fashion. If not shopping, you can enjoy the view of the high rising buildings lining up the Corniche Road.
• Head towards the newest jewel of Abu Dhabi's burgeoning tourism - the magnificent Emirates Palace Hotel which is one of the most luxurious hotels in the world. Enjoy a sumptuous meal and the plush ambience of the hotel.
After enjoying the sights of Abu Dhabi, you will be dropped back to your hotel in Abu Dhabi later in the afternoon.
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour to confirm all departure details.
There is no pick up from Danat Beach Resort, Liwa and Al Mafraq hotels and other properties outside of city limits.
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have.
While there are many considerations you’ll have to take when you travel, one that you mustn’t skimp on is your health.
A hub of culture, both old and new, Stockholm invites all types of traveller to its doorstep.
Venture into salt mines, ice caves and fortresses in these storybook surrounds
The post 7 Spellbinding Sights A Stones-Throw Away From Salzburg appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.