9:15am & 2:00pm
Tour ends at Bus-terminal, Mirabellplatz.
The Sound of Music movie still touches the chords of people the world over. See the original film locations and relive the true story of the von Trapp family on the Sound of Music Tour.
Enjoy the spectacular views of the scenic countryside as you drive from one location to the other. The locations you will visit include the gardens where “do-re-mi” were filmed and the church where Maria married the Baron.
You will travel by coach accompanied by a guide. Your favorite songs from the Sound of Music will be played on the coach and singalongs are actively encouraged!
You will visit the following sites:
• Mirabell Gardens: The gardens were laid out in the 18th century. Maria and the children were seen dancing around the statue of Pegasus, the winged horse, and throughout the gardens singing 'Do-Re-Mi'.
• Leopoldskron Palace: This was used in the movie as the von Trapp family home. It was here the children while boating fell into the Leopoldskron Lake. The Venetian room was copied from the castle and used as the ballroom.
• Hellbrun Castle: The castle was built in the early 17th century by Prince-Archbishop Markus Sittikus. The glass pavilion was reconstructed to cater to the tourists who still return here after 30 years since the movie was shot.
• Nonnberg Abbey: This is the oldest convent in the German speaking part of Europe. Maria and the baron were married here in 1927.
• St. Gilgen and Lake Wolfgang: The beginning of the movie was filmed at Lake Fuschl on the way to St Gilgen. Like the Mozart family, visitors from all over the world appreciate the beautiful village in the Salzkammergut.
• Wedding Church Mondsee: The film-wedding between Julie Andrews as Maria and Christopher Plummer as the Baron took place here.
The tour ends at Mirabellplatz.
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour to confirm the departure.
Voucher information: No need to print! If you are travelling with a smartphone or tablet you can present your voucher on your device for this activity.
The tour was interesting and April (the guide) and Evo (the driver) were great. It rained that day, but they still managed to make it a pleasant experience.
Excellent half day tour for sight seeing and some history
It was a wonderful experience. The guide was very informed and genial....
The Hills are more than alive! The post Into the Hills – 5 of the Best things To Do In Salzburg appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Glasgow, a city often overshadowed by the grandeur of Edinburgh, holds a treasure trove of experiences waiting to be discovered. In our… The post Glasgow Unplugged: A 7-Day Itinerary to Experience it All appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Sign up to our newsletter and get the best isango! has to offer