4 hoursStart time
Start time: Flexible
Good news! You can get picked up from selected hotels, just give us the details at the time of booking. Don’t worry if you have not booked your hotel yet, our customer service executives will get in touch and confirm the details. Pick up from city hotels 20 minutes prior to the tour start time.
For hotels located in the old town and pedestrian zone in Salzburg: You will be picked up from Michaeli Tor (next to the rising bollards), near Mozartplatz, which is just a short walk from these hotels. Please be there 30 minutes prior tour departure, this applies to: ABC Hotel, Hotel am Dom, Pension Chiemsee, Hotel Elefant, Goldene Ente, Kasererbräu, Stadtalm, Weisse Taube, Hotel Wolf.
For the following hotels no complimentary pick-up is possible. Please meet us directly at the Bus-terminal, Mirabellplatz, right in front of St. Andrä Church: Trumer Stube, Hotel Stadtkrug, St. Sebastian, Junger Fuchs, Goldene Krone, Star Inn Gablerbräu, Arte Vida Hotel, Altstadthotel Amadeus, Schwarzes Rössl.
Your hotel in Salzburg.
You will be picked up from your hotel and taken for this private sightseeing tour in an air conditioned vehicle, as per your convenience. You will be taken to see the sites that were used in the film The Original Sound of Music Tour. Your driver is also your guide (English and German ) for the tour.
• Mirabell Gardens: The gardens were laid out in the 18th century. Maria and the children were seen dancing around the statue of Pegasus, the winged horse, and throughout the gardens singing 'Do-Re-Mi'.
• Leopoldskron Palace: This was used in the movie as the von Trapp family home. It was here the children while boating fell into the Leopoldskron Lake. The Venetian room was copied from the castle and used as the ballroom.
• Hellbrun Castle: The castle was built in the early 17th century by Prince-Archbishop Markus Sittikus. The glass pavilion was reconstructed to cater to the tourists who still return here after 30 years since the movie was shot.
• Nonnberg Abbey: This is the oldest convent in the German speaking part of Europe. Maria and the baron were married here in 1927.
• St. Gilgen and Lake Wolfgang: The beginning of the movie was filmed at Lake Fuschl on the way to St Gilgen. Visitors from all over the world appreciate the beautiful village in the Salzkammergut.
• Wedding Church Mondsee: The film-wedding between Julie Andrews as Maria and Christopher Plummer as the Baron took place here.
At the end of the tour, you will be dropped off to your hotel.
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour to confirm the departure details.
Please provide your preferred start time at the time of booking.
Voucher information: No need to print! If you are travelling with a smartphone or tablet you can present your voucher on your device for this activity.
We really enjoyed our private guide, Gunther - thank you for being part of my "dream" place to visit!...Audrey Kwan, Canada
Peter was great, tour was great! If you want to learn a city in one day spend the extra cash and take this private tour. Highly recommend this!...Jill Walsh, United States
We were on an escorted tour with little time to spare so we opted for a private tour since we could choose the start time. We were picked up in a Mercedes and our guide was on...Ginger M Rogers, United States
Tokyo highs, see the Autumn colours!
Give thanks & keep on trekkin'!
The post What I’m Thankful for this Thanksgiving Celebration 2019: The Travel Edition appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
No excuses not to travel solo now!!
The post 5 Reasons Why Travelling By Yourself Is A Good Idea appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Isango is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’. Think of us as your gateway to the world.
“Isango” is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’; think of us as your gateway to the world.isango! is a specialist retailer of tours, experiences and attraction tickets. We work across 300+ destinations with more than 10,000 experiences to choose from. Working alongside the best local operators from around the world, we curate travel content, products and services, ensuring our customers are well informed and easily able to choose the right experience for them. We deliver only the best to our customers, with all isango! products handpicked by our expert travel team.Love Orlando Tickets Paris Magic Moments Continue reading