Your ticket is valid for 24 or 48 hours. The length of the tour is 2 ½ hours.Start time
01 Apr - 31 Oct: First departure from Karstadt at 9:00am then every 60 minutes until 4:00pm
01 Nov - 31 Mar: First departure from Karstadt at 10:00am then every 60 minutes until 3:00pm
(If you are boarding at Karstadt please arrive and board 20 minutes before the departure time).
Duration: Your ticket is valid for 24 or 48 hours. The length of the tour is 2 ½ hours.
You can board the bus from any of the stopsEnding Point
You can get off at any of the stops
This extensive tour not only shows you the historic heart of the city and shopping districts, but also takes you out to the Nymphenburg Palace, with its glorious gardens.
On the 2 ½ hour Grand Circle Tour, you can hop on and off as many times as you wish, or just sit and enjoy listening to the informative live commentary.
With a choice of a 24 or 48 hours ticket, you can design the tour to suit your interests. Art lovers can spend time at the wonderful galleries. Shopaholics should alight at Karlsplatz and enjoy ‘retail therapy’ along Neuhauser and Kaufinger Straße. The bus route makes all these places easily accessible.
There is so much to see and do! Visit the splendid Olympic Park, go to see the giant Walking Man sculpture or just sit at an open-air cafe in trendy Schwabing and watch the ‘beautiful people’. And make sure you visit the Nymphenburg Palace – a Baroque masterpiece – and see the magnificent carriage museum and the fabulous porcelain collection.
On the Munich Grand Circle Hop-On Hop-Off Tour, you have the freedom to plan your own sightseeing itinerary. The eleven stops cover not only the city center but also some important places such as the Nymphenburg Palace and the Olympic Park, away from the heart of town.
Your ticket is valid for 24 or 48 hours (depending on the option chosen) from the time when you first board one of the blue double-decker buses.
Your ticket allows you unlimited use, which means you can hop on and hop off as often as you like at any of the designated stops. Or you can stay on the bus for the full 2 ½ hours and listen to the live commentary in German and English.
The eleven stops are described below:
1. Hauptbahnhof: The tour starts at the Central Train Station of Munich. The bus stop is in front of the department store Karstadt.
2. Art galleries: Munich has a lively arts scene and a large number of excellent galleries representing all a wide range of art from classical to contemporary.
3. Odeonsplatz: A large pedestrian square on the north side of Munich’s old town. Every year in July, an open-air classical concert is held here.
4. Max-Joseph-Platz: Named after the first king of Bavaria, King Max I. Joseph, this square was laid out when Bavaria became a kingdom in 1806. Stop here for the National Theater, Opera House, and Residence Museum with Treasure Chamber.
5. Marienplatz / Tal: In the Middle Ages, this square was a market place where tournaments and festivities took place. Hop off here for: New City Hall with famous Chimes, Old City Hall with Toy Museum, Cathedral, Church St. Peter, New Jewish Cultural Centre, Beer Hall.
6. Karlsplatz: (Known as Stachus): Entrance to historic city and pedestrian precinct. Great place to start a shopping trip along Neuhauser and Kaufinger Straße. This square has a big fountain in the summer and an open-air ice rink in winter. There is also an underground shopping center.
7. Hauptbahnhof: Central Train Station of Munich.
8. Palace of Nymphenburg: This Baroque palace was the main summer residence of the rulers of Bavaria. See the famous carriage museum (Marstallmuseum), the porcelain collection, the Royal Gardens and the Rococo Amalienburg (18th century hunting lodge).
9. Olympic Park: The Park constructed for the 1972 Olympic Games in Munich. Stop here for the Olympic Stadium, Olympic Tower, Sea Life Aquarium, BMW Museum / BMW World / BMW World Headquarters.
10. Schwabing / Siegestor: Trendy area known as the ‘Artists’ District’. Full of excellent restaurants and open-air cafes. Also, the stop for the ‘Walking Man’ – a giant sculpture, and for the ‘English Garden’ – a huge public park.
11. Hauptbahnhof: Central Train Station of Munich.
The tour ends at your convenience.
The buses are wheelchair accessible
If you require a commentary on the bus in a language other than German and English please advise this when making your booking
We really enjoyed the flexibility of the hop-on hop-off style tour. It would have been great to hop off at more stops but we got to see a great overview in the short time we had....
Dancing dolphins, remote beaches to delicious smell of jumbo shrimps on ice! San Deigo offers it all
Making out with metronomes, reveries of a marsh mellow kingdom is all in a day’s work at the Edinburgh Fringe
Love coffee? Love to travel? Taste the best coffee in these destinations around the world
The post The Worlds Best Destinations For Those Addicted To Coffee appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.