9 hours (approx.)Start time
Start time: 0800h (08:00am)
Duration: 9 hours (approx.)
Your hotel in Bangkok or Airport.
Please mention your hotel name and address or flight details at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 24 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details.
For Private tours, please also mention your preferred start time.
Your hotel in Bangkok or Airport
Take this historical and cultural tour and come back appreciating the pulsating and rich Buddhist culture of Thailand.
This tour is available in two options – coach and private. The private option offers you greater flexibility- you can spend as much time at any of the places you visit, as per your preference.
You will be picked up from your hotel/airport and taken in either a coach or private air conditioned vehicle (depending on the chosen option) on a comprehensive sightseeing tour of the major attractions of Bangkok.
On this tour, you will see:
• The Grand Palace (Phra Borom Maha Ratcha Wang) is one of the major tourism attractions in Bangkok, , and dates back to 1782, when Bangkok was founded. It is actually a complex of buildings and served as the official residence of the king of Thailand from the 18th century to early in the 20th century. The palace complex consists of over 100 brightly colored buildings, golden spires and glittering mosaics.
• The Chapel Royal of the Emerald Buddha: Temple of the Emerald Buddha (Wat Phra Kaew), situated within the Grand Palace, is Thailand's holiest shrine. Its main deity, the tiny (between 60 and 75 cm) jadeite statue of Emerald Buddha, is located high above the heads of the worshippers and tourists.
• Wat Po (Reclining Buddha Temple): Wat Pho, also known as Wat Phra Chetuphon or the Temple of the Reclining Buddha, is the oldest and largest Buddhist temple in Bangkok. This massive gold-plated image depicts Buddha achieving nirvana. This temple also has the largest collection of Buddha images in Thailand with 394 gilded Buddha statues and a small collection of tiled stupas.
• You can enjoy a 30-minute traditional Thai massage here as Wat Po is also the national headquarters for the teaching and preservation of traditional Thai medicine, including Thai massage.
• The tour will break for a local lunch here.
• Boat ride along the canals (klongs): The next part of your tour will take you on a cruise along Thailand’s main river, the Chao Phraya, also called the ‘River of Kings’. As you meander in and out of the network of interconnecting canals (klongs) in the Thonburi area, you can enjoy the mobile shops, 'floating kitchens' and colourful scenery dotted along the river's edge.
• Wat Arun (The Temple of Dawn): You'll stop at the dazzling Temple of Dawn (Wat Arun) along the way. This is the most well-known landmark and photographed image of Bangkok. It stands on the west bank of Chao Phraya and its colossal spire (prang) is one of Bangkok's world-famous landmarks. Over 70 metres high, the spire is beautifully decorated with tiny pieces of coloured glass and Chinese porcelain placed delicately into intricate patterns. Although it is known as the Temple of the Dawn, it's absolutely stunning at sunset.
• Enjoy a walk through the Famous Flower Market before the last visit at the Golden Mountain.
• Wat Saket and the Golden Mountain is a Buddhist temple (Wat) in Pom Prap Sattru Phai district, Bangkok. The temple dates back to Ayutthaya era, when it was called Wat Sakae. This building has become one of most popular tourist attractions in Bangkok. The golden chedi (stupa) houses relics of Lord Buddha and offers a panoramic view of historic Bangkok.
At the end of the nine-hour tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel/airport.
Please call the tour operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour to reconfirm the departure details.
Photography is permitted in the Royal Palace Grounds and in the compounds of the Emerald Buddha Temple, but not inside the buildings.
For coach tour, pick up time is 30 – 45 minutes before the start time.
Pattaya hotels outside the City Centre area : Ambassador Jomtien, Botanic Resort and Pinnacle Jomtien / Golden Beach are subject to a surcharge of approx USD 11 per person per way payable directly.
Guide also available in other languages with supplement charge payable directly.
It is very well organized. The tour guide is very knowledgeable. She told us a lot about culture, history, etc. We really enjoy it....Bin Qin
Would recommend it to anyone. Very nice tour....Rodale Emken
the tour guide and the driver was very polite and helpfull. the tour guide Ms. tea explained very good about the history the place that I visited. Next time I go tour with my...otti mahra fatmi