01 Apr - 31 Oct: Daily
01 Nov - 31 Mar: Tuesday, Wednesday & Saturday
10½ hours (01 November to 31 March - 10 hours)Start time
01 Apr - 31 Oct: 09:00am
01 Nov - 31 Mar: 08:30am
Your hotel in Avignon.
(Please advise your hotel details at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 24 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details.)
If you are not staying in a hotel in Avignon, a pick-up can be organized for you from the front of Provence Reservation 61, rue Grande Fusterie – next to the Pont d'Avignon.
The tour ends at the starting point
Appreciate the picturesque setting of the village of Roussillon and take back pictures of its ochre-coloured cliffs and surreal landscape. Wander down the cobblestone streets of Gordes village and see quaint stone houses that root themselves into the sharp cliff of the mountain.
In the morning, you will be picked up in an air-conditioned minibus from your hotel in Avignon. Accompanied by an English-speaking guide, you will be taken on a sightseeing tour of Provence. You will visit the following sites:
• Orange: Visit the Roman city of Orange and see the Roman Triumphal Arch, a symbol of Roman imperial glory. Built in the 1st century as a tribute to Augusta, it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit the Antic Theatre (entrance fee included), it is one of the best preserved theatres in the Roman Empire with its stage wall intact.
• Further on, proceed towards the vineyards around Châteauneuf-du-Pape and stop for some wine tasting in a cellar. You will try the most prestigious red wine in the Rhône valley and visit the winery founded in Châteauneuf-du-Pape 100 years ago.
Here, you have free time for lunch on you own during the tour.
• Continue to Pont du Gard, a beautiful 2000 year-old Roman aqueduct that until recently supplied over 40 million gallons of water daily to the city of Nimes. Surprisingly, this gigantic stone structure has no mortar – the stones are made to fit together in a rather seamless fashion and using the arches the weight supports itself. The monument is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• Baux de Provence: It is a beautiful village set upon a rock at a height of 245 metres. Tour around its historical centre and visit the museum of santons, Hôtel des Porcelets, beautiful 16th century houses, St Vincent Church and other attractions.
• Gordes: It is one of the most well-known hilltop villages in the region of Luberon.
• Roussillon: It is one of the most beautiful villages of France. Explore around and enjoy the stunning scenery. Along the way, you will stop for lunch at a local restaurant (cost not included).
After visiting some of the region’s prettiest villages, you will be dropped back to your hotel in Avignon.
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details.
This tour requires a minimum of 2 passengers to operate. There is a possibility that this tour may be cancelled after confirmation if minimum numbers are not met. Should this be necessary you will be offered an alternate departure date or a full refund.
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have.
The guide, "Remy" was excellent value and provided a high level of detail regarding the local area. The Roman Theatre in Orange was surprising in it's completeness. The Chateau...James Blyth, Australia, 04/Jul/2017
Our guide was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic; she was very helpful and answered all my questions. I was especially grateful for the information she provided for my next day...Shalom Fisher, United States, 18/Aug/2013
Great snapshot of provence...Horace W Marsh, Australia, 11/Sep/2012
Head straight to New York's best shops!
The post The Top 5 Best Places To Shop In New York: The Shortlist appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Make sure to look up!
All that’s left to do now is pack.
Isango is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’. Think of us as your gateway to the world.
“Isango” is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’; think of us as your gateway to the world.isango! is a specialist retailer of tours, experiences and attraction tickets. We work across 300+ destinations with more than 10,000 experiences to choose from. Working alongside the best local operators from around the world, we curate travel content, products and services, ensuring our customers are well informed and easily able to choose the right experience for them. We deliver only the best to our customers, with all isango! products handpicked by our expert travel team.Love Orlando Tickets Paris Magic Moments Continue reading