Vienna Segway Tour at 10:00am (English and German):
01 May - 30 Jun: Daily
01 Jul - 31 Oct: Friday, Saturday & Sunday
Vienna Segway Tour at 2:00pm (English and German):
01 Mar - 31 Oct: Daily
Vienna Evening Segway Tour at 7:00pm (English and German):
01 May - 30 Sep: Friday & Saturday
3 hours (including training)Start time
10:00am, 2:00pm & 7:00pmMeeting Point
you should make your way to the Bösendorferstr. 5
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
At the point of departure
In just 3 hours on a Segway, you can travel a distance it would take all day to cover on foot. This two wheeled self-balanced vehicle boasts to be the greenest form of transportation and the most fun. The 30 minute orientation insures that even the most nervous looks cool on this easy to use state-of-the-art mode of transport.
Listen to fascinating stories and interesting anecdotes associated with Vienna’s attractions and discover the cultural legacy of the city while gliding along.
Your Vienna Segway Tour will start from Elisabethstrasse 13, 1010 Vienna. You will meet your guide and spend about 40 minutes getting used to your Segway personal transporter.
The Segway is a self-balancing personal vehicle related to a scooter, designed to operate in any pedestrian environment. The machine is sensitive to the motions of the rider – leaning forward makes the device go forward, leaning back will make it go in reverse. It’s fun to ride and a great way to get around town.
When you are comfortable with your Segway, you will set off with your guide for an exciting sightseeing tour. All the attractions will be viewed from the outside only.
You will glide along the tree-lined Ringstrasse and see the following city landmarks:
• Museum of Applied Art (MAK):The museum houses works of Renaissance masters and also of contemporary artists.
• State Opera House: The Vienna State Opera is one of the foremost opera houses in the world. It enjoys a world-wide reputation for its first-class opera performances and is also home of the celebrated Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra.
• Museum of Fine Arts: This museum houses some of the most important art collections in the world.
• Natural History Museum: This magnificent 19th century building was constructed to house the huge scientific collections of the Hapsburgs. A highlight of the present day collection is the 25,000 year-old Venus of Willendorf statuette.
• Museum Quarter: One of the 10 largest cultural complexes in the world, the Museum Quarter offers a cultural experience that encompasses a cultural archive, a place for experimentation, and an urban recreation centre.
• Hofburg Palace: The Hofburg was originally a medieval castle, but was later extended to a magnificent residence when the Habsburg's power increased.
• Parliament House: The design of the building is a mix of neo-Renaissance and classical Greek architecture.
• Burgtheatre: The Burgtheatre is the Austrian national theatre and Europe’s largest theater for drama.
Your route also takes you past the Rathaus (City Hall) and the golden Mozart statue in Stadtpark as well as through fresh green parks and along the narrow lanes of Vienna’s old town.
At the end of the tour you will return to your original point of departure.
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour to confirm the departure details.
All riders must be at least 12 years of age.
The tour begins with a 40-minute orientation session.
A minimum of 2 participants are required to operate the tour, if you make a booking for 1 person and there are no other participants for your chosen date you will be given the option to move to an alternative tour or be provided a full refund.
Maximum group size is of 10 persons
It's first time experience but life time too, really good...
We had an amazing time on our tour. Our English speaking guide was very knowledgable and answered all of our questions. Would highly recommend!...
Vienna is a lovely city. Our group thoroughly enjoyed our tour. Our guide was knowledgeable and polite but I considered her overly restrictive about having fun riding the...
Get your art on.
It may be "built for kids", but trust us, it's great for adults too.
The post Five Reasons Why You Should Visit LEGOLAND Florida appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.