Tue, Thu, Fri, Sat
Tour ends at Operngasse 8, 1010 Vienna.
Admire the splendid buildings of the Ringstrasse – such as the Museum of Applied Art, the State Opera House, the Museum of Fine Arts and Natural History Museum. See the cultural district, the Museums Quarter, the Hofburg (the former Habsburg winter residence), the Parliament, the City Hall and the Burgtheater.
Your tour also takes you into the fabulous Schönbrunn Palace, once the summer residence of the Habsburg family and home of Maria Theresa. And a great bonus with this package is that you get to skip the lines at this ever-popular attraction.
At the start of the Vienna City Tour with Schönbrunn Palace excursion you need to be there at the designated meeting point. A guide will accompany you.
This is primarily a drive-past tour, which gives you an introduction to the cultural and architectural legacy of Vienna’s imperial history. But you will also make a stop to visit the magnificent Schönbrunn Palace.
Places of interest you will see on the route include the following:
• Museum of Applied Art (MAK): Houses works of Renaissance masters and contemporary artists plus interesting collections of tapestries, lace, furniture and glassware.
• State Opera House: One of the world’s foremost opera houses and home of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra.
• Museum of Fine Arts: Home of some of the world’s most important art collections.
• Natural History Museum: Interesting collections of minerals, meteorites and animal exhibits. A highlight is the 25,000 year-old Venus of Willendorf statuette.
• Museum Quarter: One of the largest cultural complexes in the world, the MQ encompasses a cultural archive, a place for experimentation, and an urban recreation center.
• Hofburg Palace: Originally a medieval castle, later extended to a magnificent residence under the Habsburgs.
• Parliament House: A mixture of neo-Renaissance and classical Greek architecture.
• Burgtheatre: The Austrian National Theater.
• Belvedere Palace: Former summer residence of Prince Eugen, which houses the largest and most precious Gustav Klimt collection in the world.
You will stop at the Schönbrunn Palace, one of the most important cultural monuments in Austria. The 1,441-room Palace was built between 1696 and 1712 at the request of Emperor Leopold who planned an imperial extravaganza to outclass Versailles. The original plans were never realized but the palace and gardens at Schönbrunn are nevertheless a glorious legacy of Habsburg rule.
Schönbrunn was the imperial summer palace during Maria Theresa's 40-year reign, and was the scene of grand ceremonial balls, lavish banquets, and extravagant receptions.
Visit the stunning State Apartments decorated in rococo style, with red, white, and gold predominating. See the Room of Millions, adorned with Indian and Persian miniatures.
You will spend about 1 hour and 15 minutes at Schönbrunn: 45 min to tour the State Apartments and 30 minutes to stroll in the gardens.
Your tour will finish at the drop off location.
Voucher Information: Sorry, but we will need you to print a paper version of your booking voucher (we're working on changing this ). At this time no refund can be given for customers without a printed copy of their voucher.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour to confirm all details.
Was good. Although no stops for pics taking.
Buen tour , buen tiempo para visitar él palacio . El City tour da una nueva idea de lo que es la cuidad pero obviamente después por cuenta propia se den visitar cada uno de los top ten
One of the most frequented cities in the world, Barcelona is a must-visit for every adventure and art enthusiast. Pristine beaches, excellent… The post 5-day Itinerary Plan for Barcelona Tourist Attractions and Sights appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
As the vibrant hues of Lunar New Year grace the skies, join us on a mesmerizing Pan-Asian journey in 2024. This blog… The post Celebrating Lunar New Year 2024: A Pan-Asian Journey appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Sign up to our newsletter and get the best isango! has to offer