Classic Vienna Bike Tour at 10:00am: 01 May - 30 Sep; Daily
Classic Vienna Bike Tour at 2:30pm:
Apr & Oct: Saturday (English Tour)
01 May - 30 Sep: Friday & Saturday (English Tour)
Classic Vienna Evening Bike Tour at 6:30pm:
01 May - 30 Sep: Friday & Saturday(Bilingual Tour - English/German)
3 hoursStart time
10:00am, 2:30pm & 6:30pmMeeting Point
you should make your way to the Bösendorferstr. 5
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
In front of the Schillerplatz.
The Bike Tour covers Imperial Vienna, taking you past grand buildings like the Hofburg, St Stephen's Cathedral, Opera, Rathaus, Burgtheater, Parliament, and many other historical sites.
At the start of your tour you should make your way to the Schillerplatz, where you will meet your guide. On your route you will see the following landmarks and monuments:
• Vienna Opera House: A 19th century Renaissance style building adorned with fine bronze statues and fountains.
• Ringstrasse: A beautiful 19th century boulevard 4km (2 ½ miles) long and lined with magnificent buildings.
• Burggarten/Mozart Monument: This statue of Mozart shows the composer in a scene from Don Giovanni.
• Natural History and Art History Museums: These two splendid 19th century museums face each other and have identical exteriors.
• Heldenplatz: The scene of many important historic events, for example annexation of Austria to the German Reich in 1938.
• Hofburg Palace: Now official residence of the President of Austria, this magnificent palace has been the seat of Austrian rulers for more than six centuries.
• Michaelerplatz: A plaza outside the Hofburg Palace. In the 1990s traces of a Roman settlement were found here.
• Volksgraten: A public park built over city fortifications destroyed by Napoleon. It opened to the public in 1820 and is famous for its rose gardens.
• Austrian Parliament Building: The 19th century building in Greek revival style where the two Houses of the Parliament conduct their sittings.
• The Rathaus: This neo-Gothic building serves as the seat both of the mayor and city council of the city of Vienna. On the top of the tower is the Rathausmann, one of the symbols of Vienna.
• Burgtheater: Founded in 1741, this is the Austrian National Theatre and one of the most important German language theaters in the world.
• University of Vienna: Founded in 1365, this is the oldest university in the German-speaking world and one of the largest in Europe.
• Schottenkirche: A parish church attached to a monastery founded by Irish Benedictine monks in the 12th century.
• Am Hof Square: Formerly the place where the Babenberger dynasty (rulers of Austria before the Hapsburgs) lived. Later used as a marketplace.
• Judenplatz: The center of Jewish life in Vienna in the Middle Ages.
• St. Stephen’s Cathedral: One of the most famous sights of Vienna. Built in 1147 AD, it was for a long time the highest building in Europe, standing at about 137 meters (445 feet) tall.
• Albertinaplatz: The square is dominated by a monument against war and fascism by Austrian artist Alfred Hrdlicka. It commemorates the victims of the Nazi regime and those killed in the air-raid shelters below Albertinaplatz during WWII. •Big Ferris Wheel:One of Vienna’s landmarks since its construction 105 years ago is the Giant Ferris Wheel. This landmark is floating above the rooftops of the city. •Hundertwasserhaus:The Hundertwasser House in Vienna is one of Austria’s architectural highlights, designed by Austrian artist Friedensreich Hundertwasser.
The tour ends at the Schillerplatz at around 1:00pm.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details.
The tour operates regardless of the weather. Rain ponchos are supplied if necessary
My nine year old daughter and I loved this tour. We covered all of the main sites within the city. The pace was relaxed and most of the riding was on safe paths. We felt very...
From start to finish this was well organised, informative and very enjoyable. The guide, Emanuel, was personable, extremely knowledgeable and very capable - always making sure...
A very interesting bike tour and I am glad that I had taken both morning and afternoon sessions: [Morning session] A trip in the "northern Vienna", focusing on the...
From mystical waterfalls to tranquil lakes, you’ll love a cheeky paddle at these watering holes.
Forget fairy tales, real life is where it’s at with these swoon-worthy sites on the agenda.
Accessible only by boat or strenuous hike, these hostels fall far beyond the typical tourist's radar.