The Bike Tour covers Imperial Vienna, taking you past grand buildings like the Hofburg, St Stephen's Cathedral, Opera, Rathaus, Burgtheater, Parliament, and many other historical sites.
01 May 20 to 30 Sep 20 :
Bike Tour at 10am: Daily
Bike Tour at 2pm: Fri, Sat
Apr & Oct: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun at 10am
01 May 21 to 30 Sep 21 :
Bike Tour at 10am: Daily
Bike Tour at 2pm: Fri, Sat
( 01 Mar 21 to 30 Apr 21) & (01 Oct 21 to 30 Nov 21) : Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun at 10am
3 hoursStart time
Make your way to Bösendorferstr. 5
So, there no last-minute rush please arrive at the start point 15 minutes early so as to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
Same as the starting point
At the start of your tour you should make your way to the designated meeting point, where you will meet your guide. On your route you will see the following landmarks and monuments:
• Vienna Opera House: A 19th century Renaissance style building adorned with fine bronze statues and fountains.
• Ringstrasse: A beautiful 19th century boulevard 4km (2 ½ miles) long and lined with magnificent buildings.
• Burggarten/Mozart Monument: This statue of Mozart shows the composer in a scene from Don Giovanni.
• Natural History and Art History Museums: These two splendid 19th century museums face each other and have identical exteriors.
• Heldenplatz: The scene of many important historic events, for example annexation of Austria to the German Reich in 1938.
• Hofburg Palace: Now official residence of the President of Austria, this magnificent palace has been the seat of Austrian rulers for more than six centuries.
• Michaelerplatz: A plaza outside the Hofburg Palace. In the 1990s traces of a Roman settlement were found here.
• Volksgraten: A public park built over city fortifications destroyed by Napoleon. It opened to the public in 1820 and is famous for its rose gardens.
• Austrian Parliament Building: The 19th century building in Greek revival style where the two Houses of the Parliament conduct their sittings.
• The Rathaus: This neo-Gothic building serves as the seat both of the mayor and city council of the city of Vienna. On the top of the tower is the Rathausmann, one of the symbols of Vienna.
• Burgtheater: Founded in 1741, this is the Austrian National Theatre and one of the most important German language theaters in the world.
• University of Vienna: Founded in 1365, this is the oldest university in the German-speaking world and one of the largest in Europe.
• Schottenkirche: A parish church attached to a monastery founded by Irish Benedictine monks in the 12th century.
• Am Hof Square: Formerly the place where the Babenberger dynasty (rulers of Austria before the Hapsburgs) lived. Later used as a marketplace.
• Judenplatz: The center of Jewish life in Vienna in the Middle Ages.
• St. Stephen’s Cathedral: One of the most famous sights of Vienna. Built in 1147 AD, it was for a long time the highest building in Europe, standing at about 137 meters (445 feet) tall.
• Albertinaplatz: The square is dominated by a monument against war and fascism by Austrian artist Alfred Hrdlicka. It commemorates the victims of the Nazi regime and those killed in the air-raid shelters below Albertinaplatz during WWII. •Big Ferris Wheel:One of Vienna’s landmarks since its construction 105 years ago is the Giant Ferris Wheel. This landmark is floating above the rooftops of the city. •Hundertwasserhaus:The Hundertwasser House in Vienna is one of Austria’s architectural highlights, designed by Austrian artist Friedensreich Hundertwasser.
The tour ends at the starting point at around 1:00pm.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details.
The tour operates regardless of the weather. Rain ponchos are supplied if necessary
From start to finish this was well organised, informative and very enjoyable. The guide, Emanuel, was personable, extremely knowledgeable and very capable - always making sure...MRS M E THOMPSON, United Kingdom
A very interesting bike tour and I am glad that I had taken both morning and afternoon sessions: [Morning session] A trip in the "northern Vienna", focusing on the...Yu Chung Liu, Taiwan
My nine year old daughter and I loved this tour. We covered all of the main sites within the city. The pace was relaxed and most of the riding was on safe paths. We felt very...Cathy Whittaker, Canada
Isango is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’. Think of us as your gateway to the world.
“Isango” is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’; think of us as your gateway to the world.isango! is a specialist retailer of tours, experiences and attraction tickets. We work across 300+ destinations with more than 10,000 experiences to choose from. Working alongside the best local operators from around the world, we curate travel content, products and services, ensuring our customers are well informed and easily able to choose the right experience for them. We deliver only the best to our customers, with all isango! products handpicked by our expert travel team.Love Orlando Tickets Paris Magic Moments Continue reading