You may spend as long as you wish at Singapore ZooStart time
Start time: Singapore Zoo is open from 08.30am to 6.00pmMeeting Point
You need to make your own way to the Zoo
River Safari 80 Mandai Lake Rd, Singapore 729826
Parks are about a 30-minute drive away from the city.
The easiest way to get here via public transport is to take the MRT on the North-South (Red) line and transit to connecting public bus services. Catch these connecting public buses that will take you right to the park.
Nearest MRT stations connecting buses:
Choa Chu Kang (NS4) 927
Ang Mo Kio (NS16) 138
Marsiling (NS8) 926 (operates on Sundays and Public Holidays only)
Woodlands (NS9) 926 (operates on Sundays and Public Holidays only)
The Singapore Zoo is spread over 28 hectares and is a haven to over 3,600 mammals, birds and reptiles including some rare and endangered species.
Tour the stunning gardens in a tram and see how natural barriers like streams, rock walls and beautiful landscaping are used to separate animals from visitors to create an 'open zoo' effect.
Meet our close relatives, the friendly orangutans that are one of the Zoo's star attractions. And everyone will enjoy the ever-popular 'Splash Safari' show, with star performers such as jackass penguins, Californian sea lions, Caribbean manatees and pelicans.
Singapore Zoo, one of the most beautiful in the world, lies in the north of the island at Mandai, by the tranquil Seletar Reservoir.
This tour option includes a ticket for the Zoo's tram system, which you can use to travel around the Open Zoo - a totally new concept in animal keeping with beautifully landscaped gardens and very few cages.
Other highlights of the Zoo include:
• The Orangutans: Among the star attractions are the orangutans. The Zoo has bred a large number of these highly endangered primates and houses the largest social colony of orangutans in the world.
• The Fragile Forest: A walk-through a rainforest environment with mighty trees, delicate ferns and stunning cascades. Here you can find free-ranging lesser mousedeer, ring-tailed lemurs, tree kangaroos, sloths and butterflies.
• Australian Outback: Interspersed with semi-arid and marginally fertile ground, this exhibit reflects the rugged beauty of Down Under. Visitors can come up close to Eastern grey kangaroos, agile wallabies and emus. Other highlights here include the inland taipan – the deadliest snake in the world with the most toxic venom, the cassowary, bearded dragon and carpet python.
• Orchid Garden: A great burst of colour greets visitors as this exhibit showcases both long and short stalked plants; orchids that grow up from the ground, those that hang from trees, and even those that wrap around rocks. Admire the fragrant vanilla and the tiger orchid – the world’s largest orchid.
• Reptile Garden: This is the place to see all things scaly – from giant Aldabra tortoises to the rhino iguanas to the Komodo dragons.
• Hamadryas Baboons – The Great Rift Valley of Ethiopia: This award-winning exhibit features a spectacular troop of about 80 baboons alongside Nubian ibexes, black-backed jackals, rock hyraxes and banded mongoose in a stunning landscape of massive rocks.
You can also visit the ever-popular Splash Safari Show, which starts between 10:30am - 11:00am and lasts approximately 30 minutes. The shows take place at the Splash Amphitheatre and stars jackass penguins, Californian sea lions, Caribbean manatees and the pelicans. You can expect to receive nuggets of interesting information on the animals as you witness the spectacular display behaviours of these marine creatures.
Immediately on booking you will be emailed a receipt for your booking and your E-Ticket will be emailed to you in 72 hours.
It is mandatory to take print of your bar-coded E-Ticket to exchange at the park gate.
All bar-code e-Tickets will state the redemption location and the terms & conditions.
The bar-coded e-Ticket is valid for 1 month from the date you select at the time of booking.
Photo ID is required for all guests with an E-Ticket and may be requested at the park entrances.
Only original E-Ticket will be accepted. E-Tickets with deletions or alterations will not be accepted
We have enjoyed live shows the most...
Everything was so well organised. Thanks for making it so memorable !...
CLEAN. MANY ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS. VERY ORGANIZED ZOO. A MUST GO FOR ALL VISITORS....
Get your art on.
It may be "built for kids", but trust us, it's great for adults too.
The post Five Reasons Why You Should Visit LEGOLAND Florida appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.