Visit the famed Angkor Wat, one of the most magnificent monuments to religion ever built. Marvel at the majestic Angkor Thom and the revered Bayon, a temple mountain that stands on the entrance of Angkor Thom.
See the architectural jewels in Siem Reap on this sightseeing tour of Angkor.
8 hours (approx)Start time
Start time: 0800h (08:00am)
Duration: 8 hours (approx)
Pick up from your hotel. (Please mention your hotel name and address at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, our customer service executives will get in touch and confirm the details)
Your hotel in Siem Reap
You will be picked up from your hotel in Siem Reap in an air-conditioned vehicle and taken on a sightseeing tour of Angkor. An English-speaking guide will accompany you on this tour.
On this tour you will:
• Visit the majestic 12th century Angkor Wat, a temple built for King Suryavarman II as his state temple and capital city. It is the largest and best-preserved temple at the site. It epitomises the classical style of Khmer architecture.
• Visit Angkor Thom, the last and most enduring capital city of the Khmer empire. It was established in the late twelfth century by king Jayavarman VII. It covers an area of 9 square kilometres, within which are located several monuments from earlier eras.
• See the Terrace of Elephants. This terrace was used for viewing public ceremonies and was a base for the King’s grand audience hall. The famous lines of elephants are at either end of the retaining walls.
• Visit the Terrace of the Leper King which is located in the northwest corner of the Royal Square of Angkor Thom. Its name is derived from a 15th century sculpture discovered at the site. The statue depicts the Hindu god Yama, the god of Death. He was called the Leper King because discoloration and moss growing on the original statue was reminiscent of a Cambodian legend of an Angkorian king who had leprosy.
• See the Bayon, King Jayavarman VII's temple mountain that stands at the centre of Angkor Thom. It is one of the most popular of Angkor's monuments and a place of narrow corridors, steep flights of stairs and an amazing collection of towers decorated with over 200 smiling faces.
• Visit Ta Prohm, one of the most popular attractions of Angkor. Since much of the jungle has not been cleared and it looks very much as most of the Angkor monuments would have appeared when European explorers first stumbled across them.
After this sightseeing tour you will be dropped back at your hotel in Siem Reap.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details.
we were very impressed by both the considerate driver and the very informative flexible(adaptable) guide with excellent English-the air conditioned car was very comfortable and...Jennifer Mccormack, Australia
Our guide, who was training to be a Buddhist monk, was so knowledgeable, helpful and happy, was a joy to be with. Organisation was brilliant, first Angkor Thom for the Bayan...Roy A Humphries, Australia
it was a great tour with our licensed tour guide. he explained everything regarding the temples, carvings, locations and etc. just to let us understand about Cambodia. great car...Lysander N. Roxas, Philippines
Tokyo highs, see the Autumn colours!
Give thanks & keep on trekkin'!
The post What I’m Thankful for this Thanksgiving Celebration 2019: The Travel Edition appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
No excuses not to travel solo now!!
The post 5 Reasons Why Travelling By Yourself Is A Good Idea appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Isango is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’. Think of us as your gateway to the world.
“Isango” is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’; think of us as your gateway to the world.isango! is a specialist retailer of tours, experiences and attraction tickets. We work across 300+ destinations with more than 10,000 experiences to choose from. Working alongside the best local operators from around the world, we curate travel content, products and services, ensuring our customers are well informed and easily able to choose the right experience for them. We deliver only the best to our customers, with all isango! products handpicked by our expert travel team.Love Orlando Tickets Paris Magic Moments Continue reading