Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Approx. 2.5 hours
The tour returns to the starting point
Absorb the sights and sounds of the world- famous French Quarter and historic Jackson Square, home of the Cabildo and Presbytere Museums. Visit one of the historic cemeteries in the city, referred to as ‘Cities of the Dead,’ and learn about this unique burial system above the ground. Marvel at stories of voodoo and piracy on Bayou St. John, the waterway used by Jean Lafitte and his band of pirates. View the longest bridge over water in the world, the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway.
From Audubon Park, home to one of the top five zoos in the nation, to the stately mansions of the Garden District, this tour of New Orleans encompasses the main sights of the city and offers a glimpse into its history and traditions.
The tour departs from the Gray Line “Lighthouse” Ticket Office located at Toulouse Street and the Mississippi River (at the Steamboat Natchez Dock), only 1 block from Jackson Square in the French Quarter.
From here you will board an air-conditioned coach and take a sightseeing city tour of New Orleans in the southern state of Louisiana.
This narrated coach tour includes a visit to:
• The French Quarter: A National Historic District, it was first settled by the French in the early 1700’s.
• Jackson Square: It reflects a blend of Spanish and French colonial architecture, and has fascinating museums like the Cabildo and Presbytere.
• Cemetery: One of the historic cemeteries of the city, which are often referred to as ‘Cities of the Dead’, and learn about the unique above ground burial system.
• Bayou St. John: This was a waterway used by Jean Lafitte and his band of pirates.
• Lake Pontchartrain: The longest bridge over water in the world, the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway.
• St. Charles Avenue Streetcar: The oldest continuously operating passenger railway system in the world.
• Garden District: Homes of former kings and queens of the Mardi Gras and stately mansions surrounded by lush lawns.
You will also see Tulane and Loyola Universities across from Audubon Park, home to one of the top five zoos in the nation.
The tour ends at the starting point.
Voucher Information : Paper Voucher !
Schedule and availability are subject to change. Please call the local operator on arrival in New Orleans to confirm schedule.
Children under 6 (not occupying a seat) are free of charge.
Covid-19 Note: All persons 12 years and older must show proof of vaccination, PCR or antigen test for entry to indoor facilities.
Jazz it up The post New Orleans – Enjoy the Jazzy Tones While Exploring the Best of the City appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Saving big is easy in New Orleans The post Touring New Orleans on a Budget: A Guide to an Affordable New Orleans Trip appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Food, Film, and Fun in the Fall The post The Top 5 Best Fall Events in New Orleans for 2019 appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Sign up to our newsletter and get the best isango! has to offer