01 May - 31 Oct: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday
01 Nov - 31 Apr: Daily except Sunday
3.5 hours (approx)Start time
Start time: 1310h (1:10pm) Duration: 3.5 hours (approx)Meeting Point
Departure is from: Brooke Street Pier, Hobart or Most Hobart City accommodation. (Please mention your hotel details at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 24 hours prior to the start of the tour to confirm your pick up.)Ending Point
Most Hobart city accommodation
See the major attractions of this city on this informative luxury coach tour. You will also visit Richmond, a historic town near Hobart. It is home to Australia’s oldest bridge which is still in use!
Either departure point is Brooke Street Pier, Hobart or from most Hobart city accommodation and will travel in a luxury coach listening to commentary as you tour the city of Hobart.
The highlights of this tour include:
• Sullivan’s Cove: This ferry terminal has great historic significance. It was here that the first settlement took place and thousands of convicts from England landed here.
• Salamanca Pace: An old Georgian-style warehouse which after restoration houses restaurants, pub and galleries.
• Battery Point: Once a station of keeping arms and ammunition, today it is home to pubs, boutique shops and restaurants.
• ABC Buildings: This is Hobart’s original sandstone railway station.
• Derwent Entertainment Centre: This is where all the major cultural events take place.
• Parliament House: Parliament House has been the meeting place of the Government of Tasmania since 1841. The building was originally designed as a customs house, and from 1841 until 1904 when the customs offices were relocated, the building served both purposes.
Continue along the Brooker Highway passing North Hobart and New Town.
You will then visit Richmond, one of Australia’s most historic towns. See the famous Richmond Bridge which was built in 1823. It is Australia’s oldest bridge and still in use. Your coach will go over the bridge. There will be a photo stop at a point from where you can see panoramic views of the town. You will have time to explore Richmond. See the goal which has been operational since 1826, houses built by convicts and the charming little boutiques and shops. Much of the town has been preserved the way it was hundreds of years ago and it is a delight to stroll down its roads.
After the tour, drop off is most Hobart city accommodation where the tour ends.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming the departure details
This tour requires a minimum of 2 passengers to operate. If you book this tour and the minimum of 2 passengers is not met then you will be given the option to move to another departure date or a full refund will be given.