Enjoy this audio-visual experience on a round-trip tour and discover interesting facts about Helsinki in the language of your choice. Listen to commentary through headphones with a choice of 12 languages (English, Finnish, Swedish, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Latin and Helsinki dialect).
Senate Square, the Uspenski Cathedral, the Parliament Building and Finlandia Hall are amongst the highlights of this special tour.
1 hour 45 minutesStart time
Pick-up is from Esplanade Park, Fabianinkatu at selected time.
The tour ends at Esplanade Park, Fabianinkatu
The Audio City Tour of Helsinki departs daily from Esplanade Park, Fabianinkatu.
Board your luxury coach in which each seat is equipped with headphones. Choose the language of your preference and sit back and enjoy this unique audio-visual experience as you discover more about the Finnish capital.
The many sights include:
• Senate Square: Senate Square is regarded as one of Europe's finest neoclassical squares. It houses the Senate building, the University building and the Lutheran Cathedral.
• Uspenski Cathedral: The Uspenski Cathedral is the largest orthodox church in Western Europe. With its golden cupolas and redbrick facade, the church is one of the clearest symbols of the Russian impact on Finnish history.
• The Parliament Building: The Parliament Building, completed in 1931, is located in the heart of Helsinki. In front of this monumental structure are statues of three ex- Presidents of Finland.
• The Olympic Stadium: Located in the Töölö district about 2 kilometres from the Helsinki city centre, it is the largest stadium in the country. Nowadays mainly used for hosting sports events and big concerts.
• Presidential Palace: This is one of the official residences in Helsinki of the President of the Republic of Finland. It is situated on the north side of Esplanadi, overlooking Market Square.
• Opera House: Situated on Helsinki's Boulevard is Helsinki’s old Opera House.
• Finlandia House: Finlandia Hall is a concert hall with a Congress wing near the Töölönlahti Bay.
Stops will also be made at the:
• Sibelius Monument: The Sibelius Monument is dedicated to the Finnish composer Jean Sibelius and is located at the Sibelius Park.
• Temppeliaukio Church: The church is built into solid rock, and is also known as the Church of the Rock. Natural light brightens the inside through 180 glasses between the dome and the wall. The church is often used for concerts, because of the excellent acoustics. (A stop will be made here, when possible.)
The tour returns to the original departure point.
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
Clients have to present their voucher to our sales person in order to receive the tour tickets.
The whole experience was well organised. We had a choice of 12 languages on our audio set. We stopped twice in the 2 hours & 45 minutes. The information was very informative...Glenda Paterson, Australia
This was a great way to get introduced to the city and get a feel for what we would like to see more of. A relaxing way to go. It was exactly as promised in the promot...Cynthia McCarthy, Canada
Tokyo highs, see the Autumn colours!
Give thanks & keep on trekkin'!
The post What I’m Thankful for this Thanksgiving Celebration 2019: The Travel Edition appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
No excuses not to travel solo now!!
The post 5 Reasons Why Travelling By Yourself Is A Good Idea appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Isango is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’. Think of us as your gateway to the world.
“Isango” is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’; think of us as your gateway to the world.isango! is a specialist retailer of tours, experiences and attraction tickets. We work across 300+ destinations with more than 10,000 experiences to choose from. Working alongside the best local operators from around the world, we curate travel content, products and services, ensuring our customers are well informed and easily able to choose the right experience for them. We deliver only the best to our customers, with all isango! products handpicked by our expert travel team.Love Orlando Tickets Paris Magic Moments Continue reading