4 hoursStart time
15 Apr - 15 Oct: 11:00am & 4:00pm
16 Oct - 14 Apr: 11:00am
The tour departs from Plaza Sant Jaume in the city centre. Look out for your guide with a red or yellow bicycle, holding up a big yellow sign.
The start point is Located in the Barri-Gotic area of Barcelona and the closest Metro station is the Jaume stop on yellow Line 4.
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
The tour concludes at Plaza Sant Jaume in the city centre.
Cover more ground than you would be able to on a walking tour and get some exercise all the while being eco-friendly! Ride at a relaxed pace on flat roads and stop at points of interest to take photographs and hear the fascinating history and stories of Barcelona from your knowledgeable guide.
On this wonderful Barcelona bike tour you will see the Sagrada Familia, Royal Palace, the Cathedral and the City Hall. You will also spend some time cycling around the Ciutadella Park.
Cruise passengers:This tour can easily be taken if arriving in Barcelona by cruise ship; it will take you around 40 minutes to reach the start point. Take bus 17 from the port and get off at the junction of Via Laietana and Argenteria from where it is a 5 minute walk to Placa Sant Jaume. Alternatively a taxi should take 15-20 and cost no more than 10Euros.
The tour starts at Plaza Sant Jaume in the city centre. The tour starts with a brief introduction before heading for the shop to get the bikes.
The tours follow carefully planned routes, avoiding busy streets and traffic and riding mainly on bike paths, down Gothic alleyways, through parks and along the beach, so just pedal and enjoy the ride!
Highlights of the tour include:
• Plaça Sant Jaume: Located at the centre of the original Roman settlement of Barcino, this plaza is home to the Ajuntament (City Hall) and Palau de la Generalitat (seat of the Catalan regional government).
• Plaça del Rei: This wholly preserved medieval courtyard of the Palau Reial (Royal Palace) is where Ferdinand and Isabella are supposed to have received Columbus on his return from the New World.
• La Catedral: This impressive Catalan gothic church is built on the site of a Roman temple and houses the tomb of Saint Eulàlia, the first patron saint of Barcelona.
• Palau de la Mùsica Catalana: One of the world’s most extraordinary concert halls, the Palace of Catalan Music was designed in the Catalan modernism style by the architect Lluís Domènech i Montaner.
• La Sagrada Familia: Designed by Antonio Gaudi, it is an amazing piece of architecture that remains unfinished even after 100 years. Marvel at the expressionist artwork of the cathedral and its Nativity Façade where the theme of Christ’s birth and childhood is depicted.
• Parc de la Ciutadella: After the War of the Spanish Succession ended in 1714, a large fort was constructed on this site to keep the city in line. The fortress was demolished in 1869 and redesigned as a park containing a zoo, a boating lake, gardens and a large fountain worked on by architect Antonio Gaudi.
You will also see - Arc del Triomf, Vila Olímpica, Barceloneta beach, Port Vell, El Borne, Basílica de la Santa Maria del Mar and much more! Late in the tour, stop at an outdoor beach bar and enjoy the opportunity to mingle with your fellow bikers, while taking in the sights and atmosphere of the Mediterranean. You can also go for a dip in the sea.
After exploring the sites of Barcelona, you will return back to the starting point of the tour.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour to reconfirm the departure details.
Look out for your English-speaking guide with a red or yellow bicycle, holding up a big yellow sign.
The bikes have 3 speeds, wide handlebars, big tyres, super-comfortable seats and bells. Kid's bikes are also available on request.
The tour follows a carefully planned route, avoiding busy streets and traffic and riding mainly on bike paths, down gothic alleyways, through parks and along the beach.
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have.
I was in Barcelona for only a couple of days and wanted to see as many sites as possible, while taking in some history. I came upon Fat Tire Bike Tours and so glad that i did. I...James B Goley III, United States, 24/Jun/2013
Great bike tour and very well thought out. Our guide was very well informed and patient!! Also took us for food on seafront that was very good value. Highly recommend this...Mr Andrew M Dunn, United Kingdom, 26/Apr/2013
A great day, and we learned so much about Barcelona in a fun way....F Grundy, United Kingdom, 17/Apr/2013
Amazing! Love Barcelona!!
All your booking worries taken care of
The post Why You Should Book With Just London Theatre Breaks appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Better have your credit card ready!
Head straight to New York's best shops!
The post The Top 5 Best Places To Shop In New York: The Shortlist appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Isango is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’. Think of us as your gateway to the world.
“Isango” is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’; think of us as your gateway to the world.isango! is a specialist retailer of tours, experiences and attraction tickets. We work across 300+ destinations with more than 10,000 experiences to choose from. Working alongside the best local operators from around the world, we curate travel content, products and services, ensuring our customers are well informed and easily able to choose the right experience for them. We deliver only the best to our customers, with all isango! products handpicked by our expert travel team.Love Orlando Tickets Paris Magic Moments Continue reading