4 hours (approx)Start time
Start time: 0800h (08:00am)
Duration: 4 hours (approx)
Your hotel in Siem Reap. (We would require your hotel details in order to arrange your pick up. If you do not have this information at the time of booking, please contact the local activity operator at least 48 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details)
Your hotel in Siem Reap
Tuk-tuks are a unique and fun way of navigating through the ancient monuments at Angkor. Their relaxed pace makes for great viewing as you drive past the majestic 12th century Angkor Wat and the Royal City of Angkor Thom in your open-air carriage.
You will be picked up from your hotel in Siem Reap and taken in an open-air, motorcycle-drawn carriage (remok or tuk-tuk) to explore the many attractions of Angkor.
The highlights of your unique tour include:
• The majestic 12th century Angkor Wat: This temple is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is dedicated to the Hindu god Vishnu by King Suryavarman II, who reigned between 1131 and 1150. It was constructed over a period of 30 years and is world famous for its beauty and splendour. Angkor Wat features the longest continuous bas-relief in the world, which run along the outer gallery walls and depicting stories from Hindu mythology.
• The royal city of Angkor Thom: Angkor Thom was the last and most enduring capital city of the Khmer empire. It was established in the late twelfth century by king Jayavarman VII. It covers an area of 9 square kilometres, within which are located several monuments from earlier eras.
• The Terrace of the Elephants: This terrace was used for viewing public ceremonies and was a base for the King’s grand audience hall. The famous lines of elephants are at either end of the retaining walls.
• The Terrace of the Leper King: This is located in the northwest corner of the Royal Square of Angkor Thom. Its name is derived from a 15th century sculpture discovered at the site. The statue depicts the Hindu god Yama, the god of Death. He was called the Leper King because discoloration and moss growing on the original statue was reminiscent of a Cambodian legend of an Angkorian king who had leprosy.
• The Bayon: King Jayavarman VII's temple mountain stands at the centre of Angkor Thom. It is one of the most popular of Angkor's monuments and a place of narrow corridors, steep flights of stairs and an amazing collection of towers decorated with over 200 smiling faces.
At the end of this sightseeing tour you will be dropped back at your hotel in Siem Reap.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details.
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have.
Having a splash in Dubai
Think you know the Spanish capital? Think again...
Where shall we go next?
Isango is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’. Think of us as your gateway to the world.
“Isango” is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’; think of us as your gateway to the world.isango! is a specialist retailer of tours, experiences and attraction tickets. We work across 300+ destinations with more than 10,000 experiences to choose from. Working alongside the best local operators from around the world, we curate travel content, products and services, ensuring our customers are well informed and easily able to choose the right experience for them. We deliver only the best to our customers, with all isango! products handpicked by our expert travel team.Love Orlando Tickets Paris Magic Moments Continue reading