The Jade Buddha Temple is perhaps the most well-known Buddhist temple in Shanghai. One of the true scenic spots in metropolitan Shanghai in the heart of People's Square, the Shanghai Museum houses an impressive and vast collection of cultural relics.
The Bund (Anglo-Indian for ‘embankment’) is Shanghai’s renowned waterfront and offers a magnificent view of Shanghai's signature cityscape.
No visit to Shanghai can be complete without a visit to the 400-year old Yu Garden, a beautifully reconstructed classical Chinese garden with attractive Chinese pavilions, ponds, bridges and outdoor corridors.
End this memorable day with an evening show of acrobatics by Shanghai’s famous Acrobatic Troupe.
Pick up from your hotel. (Please mention your hotel name and address at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, our customer service executives will get in touch and confirm the details)
Your hotel in Shanghai.
You will be picked up from your hotel and taken in an air-conditioned car or mini coach (depending on the number of passengers) for a classic sightseeing tour of Shanghai. An English-speaking guide will accompany you on this tour.
The highlights of your Full-day tour include:
• Jade Buddha Temple: The Jade Buddha Temple was built between 1911 and 1918 by the Song Dynasty. Its chief attraction is a 2 metre-high white jade Buddha installed inside, brought by a monk from Burma to Zhejiang Province in 1882. This seated Buddha is encrusted with jewels. A smaller, reclining Buddha lies on a redwood bed. In the large hall, are three gold-plated Buddhas.
• Ren Min Square: People's Square (Ren Min Guang Chang) is a vast public square surrounded by government buildings. This urban park features manicured greenery and, at its heart, the architecturally impressive Shanghai Museum.
After this visit, there will be a stop for lunch at a local restaurant.
The tour then continues to:
• Shanghai Museum: One of the most scenic spots in Shanghai, the museum houses over 1,20,000 pieces of cultural relics in twelve categories, including jades, numismatics, furniture, seals, sculptures, minority art and foreign art. Shanghai Museum (closed on every Monday) is especially famous for its collection of bronzes, ceramics, paintings and calligraphy.
• The Bund: The Bund is one of the most famous tourist destinations in Shanghai. The Oriental Pearl TV Tower can be seen on the opposite side and also the Jin Mao Tower. One of the most famous buildings on the Bund is the Peace Hotel, a Shanghai landmark for more than a century.
• Yu Garden: The Yu Garden or the Garden of Peace and Comfort is in the Old City. It is a reconstructed classical Chinese garden that was originally built during the Ming Dynasty. Its 30 pavilions are linked by corridors, artificial hills, bridges over lotus pools, groves of bamboo and walls occupied by stone dragons. As one walks through the garden, the view changes with every step.
• Evening Acrobatic Show: Head for the Shanghai Centre Theatre where the internationally-acclaimed Shanghai Acrobatic Troupe will perform their famous acrobatics. This evening’s Acrobatic Show features gravity-defying contortionism, juggling, unicycling, chair-stacking, and plate-spinning acts.
At the end of the tour, you will be dropped back at your hotel in Shanghai.
Voucher Information: Sorry, but we will need you to print a paper version of your booking voucher (we're working on changing this). At this time no refund can be given for customers without a printed copy of their voucher.
The Shanghai Museum is closed on every Monday.
The child who is 1.2 meters high and above will be charged same as the adult.
Maximum of no more than 4 children in one group will enjoy the discount rate, when accompanied by minimum 2 adults.
Programs and price are subjected to change due to any restrictions announced by government.
Working in a travel company, it’s a delight to see how the world is taking little steps to normalcy again. It’s like winning a war that no one was prepared to fight, yet emerged victorious, renewing hopes of a world that heals itself with optimism. I jump for joy every time a mail pops up … Continue reading "COVID-19 Travel Updates: Now Open! These Countries are welcoming Tourists"
Sign up to our newsletter and get the best isango! has to offer