Approx. 11 hoursStart time
Start time: 0900h (09:00am)
Duration: Approx. 11 hours
Your hotel in Shanghai (hotel located at city area). (Please advise your hotel at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 24 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details.)Ending Point
Your hotel in Shanghai
The Jade Buddha Temple is perhaps the most well-known Buddhist temple in Shanghai. One of the true scenic spots in metropolitan Shanghai in the heart of People's Square, the Shanghai Museum houses an impressive and vast collection of cultural relics.
The Bund (Anglo-Indian for ‘embankment’) is Shanghai’s renowned waterfront and offers a magnificent view of Shanghai's signature cityscape.
No visit to Shanghai can be complete without a visit to the 400-year old Yu Garden, a beautifully reconstructed classical Chinese garden with attractive Chinese pavilions, ponds, bridges and outdoor corridors.
End this memorable day with an evening show of acrobatics by Shanghai’s famous Acrobatic Troupe.
You will be picked up from your hotel and taken in an air-conditioned car or mini coach (depending on the number of passengers) for a classic sightseeing tour of Shanghai. An English-speaking guide will accompany you on this tour.
The highlights of your Full-day tour include:
• Jade Buddha Temple: The Jade Buddha Temple was built between 1911 and 1918 by the Song Dynasty. Its chief attraction is a 2 metre-high white jade Buddha installed inside, brought by a monk from Burma to Zhejiang Province in 1882. This seated Buddha is encrusted with jewels. A smaller, reclining Buddha lies on a redwood bed. In the large hall, are three gold-plated Buddhas.
• Ren Min Square: People's Square (Ren Min Guang Chang) is a vast public square surrounded by government buildings. This urban park features manicured greenery and, at its heart, the architecturally impressive Shanghai Museum.
After this visit, there will be a stop for lunch at a local restaurant.
The tour then continues to:
• Shanghai Museum: One of the most scenic spots in Shanghai, the museum houses over 1,20,000 pieces of cultural relics in twelve categories, including jades, numismatics, furniture, seals, sculptures, minority art and foreign art. Shanghai Museum is especially famous for its collection of bronzes, ceramics, paintings and calligraphy.
• The Bund: The Bund is one of the most famous tourist destinations in Shanghai. The Oriental Pearl TV Tower can be seen on the opposite side and also the Jin Mao Tower. One of the most famous buildings on the Bund is the Peace Hotel, a Shanghai landmark for more than a century.
• Yu Garden: The Yu Garden or the Garden of Peace and Comfort is in the Old City. It is a reconstructed classical Chinese garden that was originally built during the Ming Dynasty. Its 30 pavilions are linked by corridors, artificial hills, bridges over lotus pools, groves of bamboo and walls occupied by stone dragons. As one walks through the garden, the view changes with every step.
• Evening Acrobatic Show: Head for the Shanghai Centre Theatre where the internationally-acclaimed Shanghai Acrobatic Troupe will perform their famous acrobatics. This evening’s Acrobatic Show features gravity-defying contortionism, juggling, unicycling, chair-stacking, and plate-spinning acts.
At the end of the tour, you will be dropped back at your hotel in Shanghai.
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details.
Maximum 3 children in total accompanied by minimum 2 adults in one group
The child who is 1.2 meters high and above will be charged as same as the adult.
Get your art on.
It may be "built for kids", but trust us, it's great for adults too.
The post Five Reasons Why You Should Visit LEGOLAND Florida appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.