Kuching or Cat City is a medium-sized town on eastern island of Borneo, in the state of Sarawak. For cat lovers, this trip to Kuching is bound to be special. In fact, the word "kuching" is said to mean "cat" in the Malay language. The city centre is dominated by a gigantic cat statue in white plaster.
Kuching is also believed to have the world's only cat museum, in suburban Petra Jaya. The main city, on the western side, has markets, hotels, nightclubs and the waterfront. The broad waterfront promenade is the city's most popular meeting place now, with cafes and live entertainment, benches for watching the passing parade and restored old buildings including the Square Tower, which is now a tourist information centre. Behind the waterfront are the main bazaar with everything from antique shops to a clock tower and the court house, with its obelisk remembering Charles, the second of three of English Brookes - the White Rajahs - who ruled Sarawak for more than 100 years.
3 hoursStart time
9am and 2pm
Pick up from your hotel. (Please mention your hotel name and address at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, our customer service executives will get in touch and confirm the details)
Your hotel in Kuching.
This tour is available in two options – coach and private. The private option offers you greater flexibility and you can spend as much or as little time at any of the places that you visit. Unlike the tight schedules of coach tours, the private option allows you to do the tour at your own pace.
You will be picked up from your hotel in Kuching and taken in a coach/private vehicle on a sightseeing tour of the city.
The highlights of the tour include:
• Cat Statue: This is a giant white plaster cat sitting at the end of Jalan Padungan with one front paw raised and its backside turned toward the city and has become a mascot of the city.
• Civic Centre: The viewing platform offers the best panoramic view of the city and the surrounding areas. From the top of this futuristic centre you get to enjoy a bird's eye view of the Mount Serapi, Mount Santubong and even bits of Mount Kalimantan on a bright sunny day.
• Tua Pek Kong Temple: The century-old Chinese temple is the oldest of its kind in Kuching. It is particularly famous for its Wang Kang celebration to commemorate the spirit of the dead.
• Astana: Set among the rolling lawns on the northern bank of the Sarawak river, the majestic palace was built in 1870 by Rajah Charles Brooke, the second white Rajah, as a bridal gift for his wife, Ranee Margaret Brooke. It is now the official residence of Sarawak's Head of the State and has served as the venue for numerous state functions throughout the years.
• Sarawak Museum: Reputed to be one of the best in the world, it is built in the style of a Normandy townhouse. It houses an incredible collection of ancient tribal artefacts, whale skeletons, a huge cat display and a re-creation of a longhouse complete with head-hunted skulls, among others.
The other attractions in this tour includes Kuching Chinatown, the golden-domed City Mosque, a drive through Old Kuching, the Pavilion, the Square Tower, the Court House and the Charles Brooke Monument.
At the end of the tour, you will be dropped back at your hotel in Kuching.
Voucher Information: Sorry, but we will need you to print a paper version of your booking voucher (we're working on changing this). At this time no refund can be given for customers without a printed copy of their voucher.
A surcharge of MYR 30 (Approx. 8.57 USD) per person applies for pick-up from Damai Beach.
You will be picked up 30 minutes prior to your tour start time.
Museum visit may be affected with observance of religious or local holidays.
The Sarawak Art Museum is closed until 2020 due to annual maintenance schedule. However, it has been replaced with a visit to Darul Hana Bridge.
The only downside of this tour was needing to telephone the agent 24 to 48 hours before the tour to confirm even though isango jad confirmed to me by email. My husband and I...Mr A Bleasdale, Spain
We were picked up at the hotel & found we were the only ones that were booked for the tour, which was good as it felt more personal. The tour guide was a local resident and gave...MR STEPHEN M DIAMOND, United Kingdom
Tokyo highs, see the Autumn colours!
Give thanks & keep on trekkin'!
The post What I’m Thankful for this Thanksgiving Celebration 2019: The Travel Edition appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
No excuses not to travel solo now!!
The post 5 Reasons Why Travelling By Yourself Is A Good Idea appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Isango is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’. Think of us as your gateway to the world.
“Isango” is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’; think of us as your gateway to the world.isango! is a specialist retailer of tours, experiences and attraction tickets. We work across 300+ destinations with more than 10,000 experiences to choose from. Working alongside the best local operators from around the world, we curate travel content, products and services, ensuring our customers are well informed and easily able to choose the right experience for them. We deliver only the best to our customers, with all isango! products handpicked by our expert travel team.Love Orlando Tickets Paris Magic Moments Continue reading