3 hoursStart time
Start time: 0900h (09:00am) and 1400h (2:00pm)
Duration: 3 hours
Your hotel in Kuching.
(Please mention your hotel name and address at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 24 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details.)
For Private tours, please also mention your preferred start time.
Your hotel in Kuching
Kuching is also believed to have the world's only cat museum, in suburban Petra Jaya. The main city, on the western side, has markets, hotels, nightclubs and the waterfront. The broad waterfront promenade is the city's most popular meeting place now, with cafes and live entertainment, benches for watching the passing parade and restored old buildings including the Square Tower, which is now a tourist information centre. Behind the waterfront are the main bazaar with everything from antique shops to a clock tower and the court house, with its obelisk remembering Charles, the second of three of English Brookes - the White Rajahs - who ruled Sarawak for more than 100 years.
This tour is available in two options – coach and private. The private option offers you greater flexibility and you can spend as much or as little time at any of the places that you visit. Unlike the tight schedules of coach tours, the private option allows you to do the tour at your own pace.
You will be picked up from your hotel in Kuching and taken in a coach/ private vehicle on a sightseeing tour of the city.
The highlights of the tour include:
• Cat Statue: This is a giant white plaster cat sitting at the end of Jalan Padungan with one front paw raised and its backside turned toward the city and has become a mascot of the city.
• Kuching Waterfront: Eating and entertainment facilities as well as a number of preserved old buildings decorate the 900 metres stretch of the waterfront. The waterfront offers spectacular views of the historical buildings and villages.
• Tua Pek Kong Temple:The century-old Chinese temple is the oldest of its kind in Kuching. It is particularly famous for its Wang Kang celebration to commemorate the spirit of the dead.
• Istana: Set among the rolling lawns on the northern bank of the Sarawak river, the majestic palace was built in 1870 by Rajah Charles Brooke, the second white Rajah, as a bridal gift for his wife, Ranee Margaret Brooke. It is now the official residence of Sarawak's Head of the State and has served as the venue for numerous state functions throughout the years.
• Sarawak Museum: Reputed to be one of the best in the world, it is built in the style of a Normandy townhouse. It houses an incredible collection of ancient tribal artefacts, whale skeletons, a huge cat display and a re-creation of a longhouse complete with head-hunted skulls, among others.
At the end of the tour, you will be dropped back at your hotel in Kuching.
Please call the tour operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour to reconfirm the departure details.
Please note that a surcharge of MYR 30 (Approx. 8.57 USD) per person applies for pick-up from Damai Beach.
Museum Operation Hours: Monday - Sunday: 0900h (09:00am) - 1630h (4:30pm). Museum is closed on Public Holidays.
Pick up time is 30 mins earlier than standard pick up time.
Museum visit may be affected with observance of religious or local holidays.
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have
The only downside of this tour was needing to telephone the agent 24 to 48 hours before the tour to confirm even though isango jad confirmed to me by email. My husband and I...
We were picked up at the hotel & found we were the only ones that were booked for the tour, which was good as it felt more personal. The tour guide was a local resident and gave...
The 2017 stats are in.
New York provides its citizens and visitors with a wide range of transit options. In addition to other available modes of transportation, you can get around town by subway, bus, taxi, ferry, or helicopter. And, if that doesn’t confuse you, the sheer number of New York sightseeing products available will make your head spin. So, … Continue reading "How A Hop-On, Hop-Off Tour & CityPASS Can Deliver A Flexible & Efficient New York Trip"
The post How A Hop-On, Hop-Off Tour & CityPASS Can Deliver A Flexible & Efficient New York Trip appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
The ultimate way to see New York
The post How A Hop-On, Hop-Off Tour & CityPASS Delivers A Perfect New York Trip appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.