3.5 hoursStart time
09:45am and 2:30pmMeeting Point
Republic Square 3 (The yellow kiosk of Prague Sightseeing Tours & Cityrama)Ending Point
The tour ends at the Old Town Hall
See one of Europe’s most beautiful opera houses, and feel the cosmopolitan electricity of Wenceslas Square, where the National Museum holds court.
See the New Town Hall in Charles Square, where Prague’s first defenestration took place in 1419, sparking an influential movement that called for reforms in the Catholic Church.
Walk around the courtyard of the Prague Castle, a magnificent Baroque creation whose history stretches back more than a millennium.
Admire the Gothic splendor of St. Vitus Cathedral and watch the 12 apostles mark the hour on the Old Town Hall clock.
Find the location map. Download the map
To join the tour please proceed your way to Republic Square 3 (The yellow kiosk of Prague Sightseeing Tours & Cityrama) from there board an air-conditioned coach for this Prague Historical Highlights Tour.
This tour will showcase the following historic monuments of Prague over three and a half fascinating hours (all sites will only be seen from the outside):
• The State Opera: Gustav Mahler, Alexander Zemlinsky, and Richard Strauss are among the legendary composers who have performed at this 19th century opera house.
• The National Museum: The oldest and largest museum in the Czech Republic, the National Museum features over 14 million items from the areas of history, natural history, arts, music and librarianship.
• Wenceslas Square: Anchored by the main neo-Renaissance building of the National Museum, this main boulevard of Prague is a vibrant cosmopolitan area with hotels, restaurants, bars, clubs and shops.
• Charles Square: Designed as a castle marketplace, this is the largest square in Prague. Here you’ll find the high tower of the New Town Hall and the 17th century Church of Saint Ignatius.
• Prague Castle: Originally built from timber and protected by soil ramparts in 870 AD, Prague’s most defining landmark has fallen into ruin and been rebuilt numerous times in its 1100 year history. Enjoy the chance to walk around the Castle courtyard.
• St. Vitus Cathedral: Located in the Castle courtyard, this Gothic masterpiece is the seat of the Archbishop of Prague and houses the graves of many Bohemian kings.
• Old Town Hall: Cross the Vitava River to reach the Old Town Square, see St. Nicholas church, the Týn Cathedra and site of the Old Town Hall. Look for the apostles to emerge from the main clock, and gaze up at the astronomical clock (Horloge), which places earth in the middle of the universe.
Your tour ends at the Old Town Hall.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details
This tour is guided MULTILINGUALLY, that means this tour accompanied in English and German language, maybe 3rd language possible.
All sites will only be seen from the outside
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have
This is an amazing experience for me and my wife. We really liked the dinner cruise and the short city trip very much. The ambience inside the boat was amazing with live music...
The actual tour was different from the description. The actual tour was partly by coach (minibus) and mostly on foot. The walking part of the tour was not mentioned in the tour...
our guide was wonderful very informative cheerful & polite thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience… ISANGO offered what we were looking for at a good price…...
After a whirlwind trip, we’re taking stock of our time in Portugal’s capital.
Ghosts, vampires, and zombies welcome
Wandering amongst the nooks and crannies of Delhi's spiritual corner