11 hours (approx)Start time
Start time: 0900h (09:00am)
Duration: 11 hours (approx)
Your hotel in Porto or Gaia.
(Please advise your hotel at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 24 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details.)
Your hotel in Porto or Gaia.
You will be picked up from your hotel in Porto or Gaia in a private vehicle, accompanied by your tour guide (proficient in a language of your preference). Proceed on a sightseeing tour of Douro.
• Admire one of the most beautiful landscapes in the world, as you enjoy lunch against a splendid backdrop of wine plantations.
• Visit Amarante, a picturesque town in the Douro region that flourished around the River Tamega. It has several historic sights of interest.
• Visit St Gonçalo Church,The beautiful 16th century church of St. Gonçalo, overlooking the Tamega River. It has many features, like the facade facing on to the attractive small square, with its outstanding Mannerist portal, statues, and kings gallery with the statues of Joao III, Sebastião, Henrique and Filipe II of Spain.
• Visit Lamego, an attractive town with Renaissance and baroque mansions overlooked by two hills. in Lamego we visit the shrine of Our Lady of Remédios.
• Enjoy Lunch with the magnificent panorama over the River Douro were on the slops of the mountain had origin the most famous Portuguese wine, Port Wine.
• Travel upstream towards Pinhão, the current Port wine capital. Admire the scenic town as it lies at the base of hillsides covered in vines where the Douro and Pinhao rivers meet.
You will be dropped back to your hotel.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details.
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have.
The places we visited where great. The gentleman at the vineyard explained in detail the process for making port wine and had some excellent examples to taste. The tour guide...
Lovely tour guide, Sebastian, bring us around the Hill Towns and Vineyards with all detailed information in funny way. Let us easy to understand the history and story of Porto....
We took a Vinho Verde Valley tour. We ahd an amazing tour guide, very knowledgeable, helpful and prompt with any questions we had. I would recommend this tour for anyone!...
Dancing dolphins, remote beaches to delicious smell of jumbo shrimps on ice! San Deigo offers it all
Making out with metronomes, reveries of a marsh mellow kingdom is all in a day’s work at the Edinburgh Fringe
Love coffee? Love to travel? Taste the best coffee in these destinations around the world
The post The Worlds Best Destinations For Those Addicted To Coffee appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.