05 Apr - 25 Oct: FridayDuration
8 Days/7 NightsStart time
Start time: Depends upon your time of arrival
Duration: 8 Days/7 Nights
(This tour starts in Paris and ends at Rome)
From Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris.Ending Point
Fiumicino Airport in Rome
Rome is a magnificent combination of the old and the new: St. Peter’s Church is impressive as is the Colosseum, the largest amphitheatre built in Roman times. Soak up the atmosphere of this historic city and learn more about the Romans.
Day 1: Paris
You will be picked up from the Charles de Gaulle airport and taken to your hotel. You will stay at either hotel Mercure Paris Suffren Tour Eiffel or Hilton.
You have the rest of the day at leisure. Spend the night at the hotel.
Day 2: Paris
After breakfast, you can begin to explore Paris and may visit the famous Notre Dame Cathedral which is an imposing Gothic style cathedral where Napoleon crowned himself as the emperor. It is notable for its impressive architecture and elegant interiors.
Later in the afternoon, you will meet your tour director.
Spend the night at the hotel.
Days 3 & 4: Paris Sightseeing
After breakfast, enjoy a sightseeing tour of the city. You will be accompanied by a local city guide. You will see:
• Champs Elysees: This is Paris’ grand boulevard and a great place to stroll and soak up the atmosphere of elegant stores, restaurants, theatres and hotels.
• Arc de Triomphe: This is one of the most famous monuments in Paris and stands at the western end of the Champs-Élysées. Napolean conceived of it to commemorate the victory of the French army, and is engraved with the names of Generals who commanded the French troops.
• Notre Dame Cathedral: This is an imposing Gothic style cathedral where Napoleon crowned himself as the emperor. It is notable for its impressive architecture and elegant interiors.
• Place de la Concorde: This is the largest public square in Paris, situated along the beautiful Seine. At the centre stands a giant Egyptian obelisk decorated with hieroglyphics praising the reign of the pharaoh Ramses II.
• Fragonard Perfume Museum: Fragonard's Perfume Museum shows you how perfumes are made and stored. Learn about the history of perfume manufacturing and packaging from ancient times, and how natural ingredients are combined with fats and other substances to create modern perfumes.
• Eiffel Tower: An iconic symbol of France. You will ascend to the second level of this tower from where you can see panoramic views of the city and the river Seine.
After that you have time at leisure and may visit the Palace of Versailles or the Louvre which is home to the famous Mona Lisa.
Return to the hotel to spend the night.
Day 5: Overnight train from Paris to Rome
Spend the day at leisure.
In the evening, you will be taken to the railway station to board your overnight train from Paris to Rome, crossing French vineyards.
Days 6 & 7: Rome
You will be picked up from the station and travel in a coach across the Apennine Mountains to Rome. At Rome, you will stay at either hotel Villa Pamphili or Palace.
After a buffet breakfast, accompanied by a local guide, go on a sightseeing tour of this city. See the:
• Forum: The area around which ancient Rome developed. It contains ancient temples and statues that are worth seeing.
• Colosseum: It is an elliptical amphitheatre considered the largest ever built in the Roman Empire. It is one of the greatest works of Roman architecture and engineering.
• Circus Maximus: Once the largest stadium in Rome where Ben Hur like chariot races took place. Today it is a park.
• St Peter’s Basilica: Located in the Vatican, it is one of the four major Basilca’s of Rome. Many papal ceremonies take place here. Don’t miss the Sistine Chapel, whose ceiling is home to Michelangelo’s mural masterpiece.
After that you will have free time to explore the city on your own. Later you may enjoy a dinner of special Roman cuisine (payable direct).
Spend the night at the hotel.
Day 8: Depart Rome
After a buffet breakfast, you will be taken to the airport to board your onward flight.
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour to reconfirm the departure details
Please carry valid travel documents
Transfers on arrival at the airport in Paris will operate at 0830h (08:30am), 1100h (11:00am) and 1330 (01:30am). If you arrive later than that, please reach the hotel in Paris on your own.
Return transfers from the last hotel will arrive at Rome Fiumicino airport at 0700h (07:00am) and 0930h (09:30am)
Departure is subject to change in price, discount and hotel.