Daily (03 May - 31 Oct)
1 day or 2 days
10am to 4pm, every hour
You can hop off at any of the designated stops along the way
Begin your Ottawa sightseeing with the fun hop-on-hop-off city tour (called the Discover the Capital Tour), aboard either London-style open top double-decker buses or turn-of-the-century historic trolleys. Hop off at any one of the 15 stops, spend as much time as you want, and hop back again. Take your pick from Parliament Hill, Canadian Museum of Civilization, Notre Dame Basilica, the oldest church in Ottawa, Rideau Hall, the famous Canada Aviation Museum and Byward Market.
Get the most comprehensive insight into Ottawa on this great-value tour.
You will be picked up from your downtown hotel and taken to the Gray Line red ticket booth on the corner of Sparks and Elgin St, Ottawa, to exchange your voucher for a boarding pass.
Although the tour officially starts on the corner of Sparks and Metcalfe Streets, you can hop on at any of over 15 stops located throughout the National Capital Region of Ottawa. The Discover the Capital Hop On Hop Off city tour runs in a continuous circle daily, from 10:00am to 4:00pm.
Board either London-style open top double-decker or turn-of-the-century historic trolleys, and an award-winning professional driver and guide will introduce you to the history and excitement that is Ottawa. With a ticket validity, feel free to tour Ottawa at your own pace. You could either spread the tour over three days, or continue to stay on the bus for the entire length of the two-hour fully narrated tour.
Tour highlights include:
• Parliament Hill: Federal government buildings are located here.
• Canadian Museum of Civilization: This Museum presents over 10,000 years of Canada's pre-history, history and culture.
• Notre Dame Basilica: The Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica is the oldest church in Ottawa and the seat of the city's Catholic archbishop.
• Rideau Hall:This is the official residence of the Governor General of Canada.
• Canadian Aviation Museum: See one of the world's finest collections of vintage aircraft here. The museum's collection spans a wide variety of civilian and military aircraft, representing the history of Canadian aviation from the pioneer era before the WWI up to the present day.
• RCMP Stables: See where the horse of the famous Musical Ride are kept at the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Stables.
• Byward Market: The historic Byward Market is a colorful mosaic of farmers' market stalls, shops, galleries, cafés and clubs, located just east of Parliament Hill.
You can hop off at any of the designated stops along the way.
You can end the tour at your chosen destination and as per your convenience.
Was the cheapest price l could find.
Facile, peu dispendieux et très pratique.
Good information and ready to greet and deal with the customers.
Winter or Summer it matters not The post Ottawa – More to the Canadian Capital Than Meets the Eye appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Harbour look at Poole The post Poole: Harbour Time Fun on the South Coast of England appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
The city with a silver lining The post Cadiz in a Day – The Places to Go in the Little Silver Cup appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Sign up to our newsletter and get the best isango! has to offer