3 hoursStart time
10:10am and 2:10pmMeeting Point
The tour starts from Central Station/Kirchenallee (Station 5).
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
The tour ends at the starting point
See the contrast of Hamburg’s modern metropolis, HafenCity with the centuries old buildings in the older quarters. Visit St. Pauli, where the Beatles launched their career! Be inspired by the beautiful architecture of St. Michaelis Church. Hamburg has so much to offer, and this tour has it all.
For your Gala Hamburg Sightseeing Tour, you must make your own way to the Central Station in Hamburg where you will be met by your bilingual (English and German) guide.
Your tour takes place within the comfortable atmosphere of a climate controlled bus. Along the way, you’ll pass by these fascinating features punctuated by narration from your guide:
• Inner and Outer Alster: The Alster is a picturesque (though man-made) lake running off the Elbe. It is a favorite spot among locals.
• Town Hall: Hamburg’s old Town Hall was destroyed by a fire in 1842. After 55 years, the new Town Hall was completed with over 647 rooms and was erected on more than 4000 oak poles.
• St. Michaelis church: St. Michaelis church has the biggest church clock in Germany, with the circumferential measurement of the dial over 24 meters! Its tower, Michel, is 132 meters high!
• Krameramt: The Krameramt a.k.a. Shopkeeper Office Flats is a historical monument from the 17th century located near St. Michaelis church. One of the flats is still in mint condition complete with furnishings from the 19th century.
• St. Pauli: St. Pauli is Hamburg’s entertainment district. Some interesting features include the Star-Club, where the Beatles performed before they became superstars, a football stadium, an amusement park and many fun nightclubs.
• Kohlbrand Bridge: The Kohlbrand Bridge a.k.a. Köhlbrandbrücke spans the Elbe river. Since it’s completion in 1974 this 60 meter bridge has only been open to pedestrians twice!
• Fish market: Hamburg’s fish market has been in business since the beginning of the 18th century. However, it’s not just fish. You can find a huge assortment of goods here, from textiles to ornaments!
• Hamburg Port: Hamburg’s port is the second largest port in Europe! That makes it also one of the busiest! Imagine, each year over 13,000 ships pass through the blue waters of this unique region. On this guided tour, you’ll discover all of the special places that are part of this unique area.
• Port warehouse district: Hamburg’s Warehouse area comprises of Speicherstadt, the world’s biggest warehouse complex. In these warehouses, essential goods like coffee, tea, cocoa, spices, tobacco, computers and the biggest oriental carpet warehouse in the world are stored.
• Container Terminal Altenwerder: Container Terminal Altenwerder is quite an impressive sight. With its massive cranes it unloads ships with an enormous capacity.
• Elbtunnel: The Elbtunnel was completed in 1911 as a means to cross the Elbe River. Its route spans 426.5 meters under the Elbe River, through two tiled tunnels both 6 meters in diameter.
• Elbchaussee: Elbchaussee is Hamburg’s poshest street. It stretches for 10 kilometers along the banks of the River Elbe from Altona to Blankenese. Elbchaussee is adorned with opulent 19th century villas and beautiful parks.
• HafenCity: HafenCity is a modern urban development project located upon tidal flats. Still in the works, its plan involves state-of-the-art buildings that will house cultural centers, retail and hospitality outlets, inner-city living quarters, public parks, squares and waterfront promenades.
• Submarine 434: Submarine 434, the biggest non-nuclear submarine of the world, was one of the Russian Navy’s fleet. It is on display in Hamburg's HafenCity.
You will be dropped off at the starting point, where your tour ends.
You must present your booking voucher while boarding the bus
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have
A very great tour. Not for young children (tour is about 3 hours) but for everybody else....
We have had a wonderful time in Hamburg. I can completely recommend the tour!...
Very good tour for a good overview of a nice city,must in case you are visiting Hamburg...
Unusual concoctions, unbelievable vistas and impossible dexterity!
Discovering life after Uber