3 hoursStart time
Start time: Varies, Duration: 3 hoursMeeting Point
Your hotel in Vilnius.
(Please advise your hotel at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 24 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details.)
Your hotel in Vilnius
A UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to over a thousand medieval buildings, the Old Town of Vilnius is a must visit!
This is a private tour and you will be picked up from your hotel and taken to the Old Town of Vilnius, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. On this walking tour, you will see:
• Vilnius Cathedral: Standing at the foot of the Gediminas Hill, it is the main Roman Catholic Cathedral of Lithuania where the coronations of the Grand Dukes of Lithuania took place.
• Gediminas Tower: The tower houses an exhibition of archaeological findings from the Gediminas hill and surrounding areas.
• Lower and Upper Castle: A group of defence, cultural, and religious buildings on the left bank of the Neris River, the complex consisted of three castles: the Upper, the Lower, and the Crooked. The Crooked Castle was burnt by the Teutonic Knights in 1390 and was never rebuilt.
• St. Anne’s Church: It is a prominent example of both Flamboyant Gothic and Brick Gothic styles.
• Old University: The architecture of the university buildings reflects a great variety of styles - Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Rococo, and Classic styles.
• The Pilies Street: The shopping street in the Old Town street with a lot of gift and souvenir shops.
• The Gate of Dawn (Aušros vartai) : This is a part of the defensive fortifications of Vilnius. The Chapel in the Gate of Dawn contains a renowned miraculous icon of The Blessed Virgin Mary Mother of Mercy.
The tour ends at your hotel.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details.
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have.
Your Guide to Living on the Road
Finding the flakiest pastry, coolest clothing and hidden bars
Joy-riding through overlooked outback, winding wine routes and country lanes.
The post 6 Lesser-Known Road Trips You Should Add To Your Bucket List appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.