Start time: varies
Duration: 3 hours
Your hotel in Vilnius
Start in the old town which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to over a thousand medieval buildings. Continue to the modern town where you will visit the 17th Century St Peter and St Paul's Church.
This is a private tour and you will be picked up from your hotel and travel in a car on this tour of Vilnius. Also included is a walking tour of the Old Town, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Your tour includes:
• Vilnius Cathedral: Standing at the foot of the Gediminas Hill, it is the main Roman Catholic Cathedral of Lithuania where the coronations of the Grand Dukes of Lithuania took place.
• Lower and Upper Castle: A group of defence, cultural, and religious buildings on the left bank of the Neris River, the complex consisted of three castles: the Upper, the Lower, and the Crooked. The Crooked Castle was burnt by the Teutonic Knights in 1390 and was never rebuilt.
• Gediminas Tower: The tower houses an exhibition of archaeological findings from Gediminas hill and surrounding areas.
• St. Anne’s Church: It is a prominent example of both Flamboyant Gothic and Brick Gothic styles.
• Old University: The architecture of the university buildings reflects a great variety of styles - Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Rococo, and Classic styles.
• The Pilies Street: The shopping street in the Old Town street with a lot of gift and souvenir shops.
• The Gate of Dawn (Aušros vartai) : This is a part of the defence fortifications of Vilnius. The Chapel in the Gate of Dawn contains a renowned miraculous icon of The Blessed Virgin Mary Mother of Mercy.
• Peter and Paul Church: The church has Baroque interiors, stuccoed figures in the vaults and a huge chandelier made from brass and glass beads fashioned in the shape of a ship.
The tour ends at your hotel.
Some cities just have it The post Vilnius – A Dreamy City with Plenty to Offer: Top Things to Do appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
All set to Travel in 2023? Here's your inspiration The post Where to Travel 2023: The Top Destinations You Have to Visit appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Sign up to our newsletter and get the best isango! has to offer