Start in the old town which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to over a thousand medieval buildings. Continue to the modern town where you will visit the 17th Century St Peter and St Paul's Church.
3 hoursStart time
Start time: varies
Duration: 3 hours
Pick up from your hotel. (Please mention your hotel name and address at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, our customer service executives will get in touch and confirm the details)
Your hotel in Vilnius
This is a private tour and you will be picked up from your hotel and travel in a car on this tour of Vilnius. Also included is a walking tour of the Old Town, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Your tour includes:
• Vilnius Cathedral: Standing at the foot of the Gediminas Hill, it is the main Roman Catholic Cathedral of Lithuania where the coronations of the Grand Dukes of Lithuania took place.
• Lower and Upper Castle: A group of defence, cultural, and religious buildings on the left bank of the Neris River, the complex consisted of three castles: the Upper, the Lower, and the Crooked. The Crooked Castle was burnt by the Teutonic Knights in 1390 and was never rebuilt.
• Gediminas Tower: The tower houses an exhibition of archaeological findings from Gediminas hill and surrounding areas.
• St. Anne’s Church: It is a prominent example of both Flamboyant Gothic and Brick Gothic styles.
• Old University: The architecture of the university buildings reflects a great variety of styles - Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Rococo, and Classic styles.
• The Pilies Street: The shopping street in the Old Town street with a lot of gift and souvenir shops.
• The Gate of Dawn (Aušros vartai) : This is a part of the defence fortifications of Vilnius. The Chapel in the Gate of Dawn contains a renowned miraculous icon of The Blessed Virgin Mary Mother of Mercy.
• Peter and Paul Church: The church has Baroque interiors, stuccoed figures in the vaults and a huge chandelier made from brass and glass beads fashioned in the shape of a ship.
The tour ends at your hotel.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details.
Tokyo highs, see the Autumn colours!
Give thanks & keep on trekkin'!
The post What I’m Thankful for this Thanksgiving Celebration 2019: The Travel Edition appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
No excuses not to travel solo now!!
The post 5 Reasons Why Travelling By Yourself Is A Good Idea appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Isango is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’. Think of us as your gateway to the world.
“Isango” is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’; think of us as your gateway to the world.isango! is a specialist retailer of tours, experiences and attraction tickets. We work across 300+ destinations with more than 10,000 experiences to choose from. Working alongside the best local operators from around the world, we curate travel content, products and services, ensuring our customers are well informed and easily able to choose the right experience for them. We deliver only the best to our customers, with all isango! products handpicked by our expert travel team.Love Orlando Tickets Paris Magic Moments Continue reading