3 hoursStart time
Start time: varies
Duration: 3 hours
Your hotel in Vilnius. (Please advise your hotel at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 24 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details.)Ending Point
Your hotel in Vilnius
Start in the old town which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to over a thousand medieval buildings. Continue to the modern town where you will visit the 17th Century St Peter and St Paul's Church.
This is a private tour and you will be picked up from your hotel and travel in a car on this tour of Vilnius. Also included is a walking tour of the Old Town, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Your tour includes:
• Vilnius Cathedral: Standing at the foot of the Gediminas Hill, it is the main Roman Catholic Cathedral of Lithuania where the coronations of the Grand Dukes of Lithuania took place.
• Lower and Upper Castle: A group of defence, cultural, and religious buildings on the left bank of the Neris River, the complex consisted of three castles: the Upper, the Lower, and the Crooked. The Crooked Castle was burnt by the Teutonic Knights in 1390 and was never rebuilt.
• Gediminas Tower: The tower houses an exhibition of archaeological findings from Gediminas hill and surrounding areas.
• St. Anne’s Church: It is a prominent example of both Flamboyant Gothic and Brick Gothic styles.
• Old University: The architecture of the university buildings reflects a great variety of styles - Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Rococo, and Classic styles.
• The Pilies Street: The shopping street in the Old Town street with a lot of gift and souvenir shops.
• The Gate of Dawn (Aušros vartai) : This is a part of the defence fortifications of Vilnius. The Chapel in the Gate of Dawn contains a renowned miraculous icon of The Blessed Virgin Mary Mother of Mercy.
• Peter and Paul Church: The church has Baroque interiors, stuccoed figures in the vaults and a huge chandelier made from brass and glass beads fashioned in the shape of a ship.
The tour ends at your hotel.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details.
Get your art on.
It may be "built for kids", but trust us, it's great for adults too.
The post Five Reasons Why You Should Visit LEGOLAND Florida appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.