12 May - 08 Sep: FridayDuration
10 Days/9 NightsStart time
Depends on the time of arrival
Tallinn Airport (Optional)
Tallinn Airport (Optional)
This tour takes you to the main attractions of these three fascinating countries.
Arrive in Tallinn, the capital of Estonia and check in at optional transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia four star hotel check-in, welcome meeting
After breakfast we drive to the Lahemaa National Park, where we visit the Manor Houses in Palmse and Vihulahead. We then move on to Tartu, a quaint little university town. The city is the second largest in Estonia and is about 1000 years old - the oldest in the Baltics. See the very charming Old Town with its wooden buildings, beautiful Town Hall Square and many beautiful churches.
From Tartu in Estonia, travel to Cesis in Latvia, a Hanseatic city with winding streets, castle ruins and beautiful gardens. See the ruins of the Castle of the Livonian Order and St John’s Church.
Check in at Hotel Kolonna Cesis It is a three star hotel, situated in the very center of the town, near the city park.
Drive through the Gauja National Park to Sigulda, a very popular holiday resort. See the ruins of the Episcopal Castle and of the Castle of the Knights of the Sword. Drive around Riga, the capital of Latvia before getting on to the highway to the Lithuanian capital of Vilnius.
En route, see the magnificent Rundale Palace. This palace, the former residence of the Duke of Courland, is one of the most outstanding monuments of Baroque and Rococo art in Latvia.
On reaching Vilnius in the late afternoon, check in at Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva four Star Hotel.
Day 4 :
Go on a morning tour of the city of Vilnius. Then go on a walking tour of the Old Town, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here you will see:
• Vilnius Cathedral: Standing at the foot of the Gediminas Hill, it is the main Roman Catholic Cathedral of Lithuania where the coronations of the Grand Dukes of Lithuania took place.
• Gediminas Tower: The tower houses an exhibition of archaeological findings from the Gediminas hill and surrounding areas.
• Peter and Paul Church: The church has Baroque interiors, stuccoed figures in the vaults and a huge chandelier made from brass and glass beads fashioned in the shape of a ship.
• St. Anne’s Church: It is a prominent example of both Flamboyant Gothic and Brick Gothic styles.
• Old University: The architecture of the university buildings reflects a great variety of styles - Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Rococo and Classic styles.
• The Gate of Dawn (Aušros vartai) : This is a part of the defence fortifications of Vilnius. The Chapel in the Gate of Dawn contains a renowned miraculous icon of The Blessed Virgin Mary Mother of Mercy.
After the tour, proceed to Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania and we visit the well preserved Trakai Castle,, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve.
Then travel to Klaipeda and check in at Hotel Radisson Blu Klaipeda four star hotel.
You have the option of going on a tour to the Curonian Spit, a thin 100 kilometre stretch of land between the Baltic Sea and the Curonian Lagoon with small fishing villages, pine forests and beautiful sand dunes.
This optional tour first takes you to Hill of Witches the resort town of Nida and the high dunes and Thomas Mann’s summerhouse. On the way back to Klaipeda, you will aiso see the resort town of Juodkrante.
Enjoy an optional Lithuanian dinner at Restaurant Luja in the evening.
Go on a morning sightseeing tour of Klaipeda’s quaint Old Town with its narrow cobblestone streets and old guild houses. Visit the Theatre Square and the Aennchen von Tharau Fountain.
Then we now continue to the Samogitia National Park where we embark on a walking tour around the picturesque Lake Plateliai. After that we continue to Siauliai and Cross Hills, one of the holiest sites of Catholic Lithuania. We head North into Latvia and reach Riga in the afternoon, check-in at Hotel Radisson Blu Latvija four star hotel. The evening offers an optional organ concert at the Dome Cathedral.
Begin the day with a walking tour of the Old Town in Riga. The city, founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts of a real kaleidoscope of architectural styles. On this tour, visit:
• The Riga Castle: The official residence of the President of Latvia and home to several museums, the castle is located on the spot where the first fortifications of Riga used to stand.
• The Dome Cathedral: The Dome Cathedral is the largest cathedral in the Baltics. It id famous for its magnificent pipe organ with 6768 pipes, dating from 1844.
• St. Peter’s Church: One of the most beautiful Gothic churches in Riga, the edifice used to be the tallest wooden building in Europe before World War II. One can enjoy panoramic views of the city from the tower.
• The Swedish Gate: It was built during the Swedish occupation of Riga in 1698 and is the only gate to survive and retain its original look. The city executioner lived in the rooms above the gate at that time. Legend has it that there would be a red rose in his window above the gate every night before an execution.
• The Three Brothers: An architectural ensemble of three medieval buildings –The White Brother (which houses The Latvian Museum of Architecture), The Yellow Brother and The Green Brother.
• The Large and Small Guilds: These magnificent Gothic buildings on Guild Square represent the former glory of Riga as a Hanseatic City and belong to families of two trading houses of Riga.
• The Freedom Monument: The image of Liberty holding three stars in stretched hands crowns the monument and symbolizes unity of the country. The monument is dedicated “To Fatherland and Freedom”.
In the afternoon, you have the option for an optional visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches.
In the evening enjoy an optional Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant La Boheme.
Depart from Riga along the coastal highway to cross the border to Estonia. Visit the very popular Estonian health resort of Parnu. Go on a short tour of this famous summer retreat and take a leisurely stroll along the beach.
The travel across the north Estonian forests to Tallinn - the capital of Estonia.
Check in at the Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia, four star hotel in the centre of Tallinn.
Spend the day sightseeing around Tallinn – the beautiful capital city of Estonia. The medieval Old Town with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafes and restaurants makes for an interesting day. On this tour of the Old Town, see:
• Toompea Castle: A Danish castle that founded the city in 1219. Part of the castle now houses the Riigikogu, Estonia's Parliament.
• The Dome Church: The Cathedral of Saint Mary the Virgin also known as Toomkirik or Dome Church is one of the main Lutheran churches in Estonia and one of three functioning medieval churches.
• Alexander Nevsky Cathedral: Tallinn’s largest and grandest orthodox cupola cathedral, it is dedicated to Saint Alexander Nevsky.
• Old Town Hall: A splendid example of Gothic architecture dating back to the 15th Century, it is two-storied, built of local limestone with a tall saddle roof and an octagonal console tower.
In the afternoon, you have the option of going on an excursion to Kadriorg Park and Palace. The palace was intended to serve as a summer residence for Tsar Peter I and his family. The galleries contain paintings, prints and sculpture by mainly Flemish, Dutch and Russians artists of the 16th -19th centuries.
You can opt for a medieval dinner at the Restaurant Peppersack in the evening.
Optional transfer to airport.
Optional things to do:
• Transfer airport to Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia: EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
• 8-hour excursion to the Curonian Spit: EUR 80.00 pp
• Lithuanian dinner at Restaurant Luja: EUR 35.00 pp
• Organ concert at the Dome Cathedral: EUR 35.00 pp
• 4-hour excursion to Jurmala: EUR 40.00 pp
• Latvian dinner at Restaurant La Boheme: EUR 40.00 pp
• 3-hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to Kadriorg Palace: EUR 40.00 pp
• Medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack: EUR 40.00 pp
• Transfer Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia to airport: EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
• Half board at hotels (9 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): EUR 235.00 pp
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming the departure details.
If hotels mentioned in the Itinerary would not available then similar accommodation will be provided
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have.
It was a nice experience through the baltic countries, the city tours that includes in Tallin, Riga, Vilnius and Klaipeda where complete, so you just have to buy souveniers in..., Spain, 23/Aug/2012
Not everyone would want to take a tour of the world’s best theme parks. But, for those that enjoy a good roller coaster, such as myself, there exists a nagging curiosity about international amusement parks. What are they like? Will I see the same characters? Do they have different rides? Well, let’s get those questions … Continue reading "Take A Fantasy Tour Of The World’s Best Theme Parks"
The post Take A Fantasy Tour Of The World’s Best Theme Parks appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Don't let your allergies stop you travelling
Isango is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’. Think of us as your gateway to the world.
“Isango” is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’; think of us as your gateway to the world.isango! is a specialist retailer of tours, experiences and attraction tickets. We work across 300+ destinations with more than 10,000 experiences to choose from. Working alongside the best local operators from around the world, we curate travel content, products and services, ensuring our customers are well informed and easily able to choose the right experience for them. We deliver only the best to our customers, with all isango! products handpicked by our expert travel team.Love Orlando Tickets Paris Magic Moments Continue reading