01 Mar - 30 Apr: Tuesday & Saturday
01 May - 30 Sep: Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
01 Oct - 31 Oct: Tuesday & Saturday
2 hoursStart time
01 Mar - 31 Oct: 3:00pm
Your tour meets in the park just across the street from 105 Rue de l'Université near the exit of Invalides métro station.
If you are arriving via the RER C exit, walk with your back to the river past the Air France building towards the park. The first main road is Rue de L’Université. You’ll see the metro sign in front of you, on the right. Your guide will be holding a Local activity operator sign.
Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to tour departure. Once the tour has begun we do not have the ability to wait for and add late arrivals to the tour.
This tour concludes near the Odeon Metro Station.
Relive the troubled times leading up to the storming of the Bastille prison, the capture of King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette and the Reign of Terror. Learn about Louis XVI - the proud king who lost his throne and his life and Marie Antoinette - the Austrian Queen who uttered the infamous phrase, "... then let them eat cake."
You will be picked up from outside the Les Invalides Métro station at 3:00pm and taken for a walking tour of the city. Accompanied by an English-speaking guide, see the following sites associated with the French Revolution:
• Bastille Prison: The raiding of this prison on July 14th 1789 sparked the Revolution. Your guide will discuss the event from outside the building.
• Les Invalides: The French army used to use this as an ammunition depot and it was from here that revolutionaries stole over 30,000 arms from here in order to attack the Bastille prison.
• Conciergerie: See the prison overlooking the Seine River where Marie Antoinette and King Louis XVII were held. Over 2,500 prisoners from here went to the guillotine.
• Tuileries Palace: Located in the current Tuileries Gardens, it also served as a prison for King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette.
• Place de la Concorde: This was the site of the beheadings of King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette, among many others.
• Assemblee Nationale: See the site of the lower house of the French Legislative branch.
This tour concludes at the Odeon Metro Station.
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour to confirm the departure details.
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have.
I would like to thank your team and especially our guide (the girl from Chicago!) for a fascinating and informative walking tour around Paris. Our guide's passion and enthusiasm...Mr A M Tapp, United Kingdom, 23/Mar/2016
This was an easy pace tour that covered all the major areas of interest around the French Revolution. Paul the tour guide was knowledgable yet presented the information in a down...Mrs Frances Leys, Australia, 28/Mar/2013
Excellent guide and very helpful and kind. Fantastic places....Mohammed Hassan Ibrahim, Egypt, 12/Nov/2012
Looking for something a little different?
Time to go green!
How many have you ticked off?
The post 10 Iconic Game Of Thrones Filming Locations You Can’t Miss! appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Isango is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’. Think of us as your gateway to the world.
“Isango” is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’; think of us as your gateway to the world.isango! is a specialist retailer of tours, experiences and attraction tickets. We work across 300+ destinations with more than 10,000 experiences to choose from. Working alongside the best local operators from around the world, we curate travel content, products and services, ensuring our customers are well informed and easily able to choose the right experience for them. We deliver only the best to our customers, with all isango! products handpicked by our expert travel team.Love Orlando Tickets Paris Magic Moments Continue reading