Miraflores and San Isidro form the hub of Lima’s social and commercial life. An exquisite bronze fountain in the centre of Plaza de Armas will welcome you to the heart of Lima’s colonial heritage. Flanked by the imposing Cathedral and government buildings, the plaza stands testimony to the days when Lima was the seat of the Spanish Inquisition.
See the soul of Lima as you stroll along the streets of this cosmopolitan city and be fascinated by its elusive blend of Spanish history and 21st century modernity.
Approx 4 hours
Start time: 9:00am, 2:00pm
Duration: Approx 4 hours
Pick up from your hotel. (Please mention your hotel name and address at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, our customer service executives will get in touch and confirm the details)
Your hotel in Lima
This tour is available in two options: coach and private. The private option offers you greater convenience and flexibility of time.
You will be picked up from your hotel in Lima and taken in an air-conditioned vehicle for a sightseeing tour of the Colonial and Modern Lima. A bilingual guide (English/Spanish) will accompany you on this tour.
The mansions and churches of colonial downtown Lima and the modern districts of San Isidro, Miraflores and Larco Mar, make Lima a study in contrasts. The highlights of your tour are:
• The commercial and social centre of Miraflores, overlooking the Pacific Ocean
• The residential district of San Isidro where you will visit the pre-Inca adobe platform of the Huaca Huallarmarca
• The enchanting Larco Mar where you can appreciate majestic colonial architecture
• The square, Plaza Mayor
• Flanking the square are the Government Palace where Francisco Pizzarro took up residence in 1538
• The Cathedral which houses Pizarro’s remains and its on-site museum
• The San Francisco Convent, built in the 17th century, and its “Catacombs” ancient underground cemetery of Lima.
At the end of the tour, you will be dropped back at your hotel in Lima.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming the departure details.
Exact pick-up time depends on the location of the hotel.
Huaca Huallamarca is closed on mondays
Cathedral of Lima is closed in the afternoon on saturdays and completely closed on sunday