Your ticket is valid for 1 day. Total route takes 1 hour to completeStart time
First departure: 9:15am
last departure: 5:15pm).
Buses leave approximately every 30 - 40 mins (depending on traffic).
Duration: Your ticket is valid for 1 day. Total route takes 1 hour to complete
You can start or end the tour at any of the 14 bus stops around the city marked with the Greenline Hop-On Hop-Off sign. The major stops are in front of Central station (H1) and Berliner Straße / St. Paul’s Church (H10).Ending Point
You can end the tour whenever you wish.
Explore this dynamic city on a hop-on hop-off bus tour and enjoy sightseeing at your own pace. From the upper deck of the open-top bus, you will have great views of the main highlights of Frankfurt. Meanwhile, an excellent audio-tour, available in a choice of 12 languages, will tell you about the places you are seeing.
With frequent bus departures and 14 great stops, you can plot your own itinerary and jump on and off all day to go shopping or see the sights.
And there’s plenty to see! Don’t miss the 15th century Römer, Frankfurt’s former city hall, with its characteristic stepped gables. And make time for the splendid sandstone church of St Paul’s and the magnificent Cathedral, where 10 emperors were crowned.
Keen shoppers can enjoy some retail therapy at Hauptwache Plaza, while nature lovers could head for the beautiful Botanical Gardens and the Natural History Museum. If you get thirsty with all this shopping and sightseeing, you could always stop off to sample some delicious cider in ‘Sachsenhausen’, the ‘Applewine District’!
For your Frankfurt Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour, you can redeem your voucher either at the local tour operator’s office at Wiesenhüttenplatz 39, 60329 Frankfurt/Main (close to Central Station/opposite to Hotel Savoy), or when you board the bus.
Either way, you can start or end the tour at any of the 14 bus stops around the city marked with the Greenline Hop-On Hop-Off sign. The major stops are in front of Central station (H1) and Berliner Straße / St. Paul’s Church (H10)
On this sightseeing tour, you will travel in a comfortable open-top blue double-decker bus. You can choose to get off at any of the stops to explore Frankfurt and then jump on again at your convenience to continue the trip.
As you go along, you can enjoy an informative commentary in 12 different languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
Buses run every 30 to 40 minutes. If you stay on the bus, it will take around 1 hour to complete the full circuit. Your ticket is valid valid for 1 day. The last bus departs at 1715h (5:15pm) at the Römer/Paulskirche.
From the upper deck of the open-top bus, you will have an excellent view of the most important sights in Frankfurt.
Below is a list of the 14 stops and the main points of interest associated with each.
1. Central Station
2. Hauptwache: Main shopping area and pedestrian zone
3. Eiserner Steg/Main Kai: The Eiserner Steg (Iron Bridge) is a pedestrian-only bridge over the Main river built in 1868. Close to the Römer, Frankfurt Cathedral, and the landing piers for Main River sightseeing cruises
4. Thurn & Taxis Palais: A baroque city palace destroyed in the Second World War, now rebuilt on the lines of its historic predecessor.
5. Financial District: Frankfurt is one of the world’s top financial centers. It is also home to the European Central Bank which sets monetary policy for the Eurozone.
6. Frankfurt Opera House: Built in 1880 this was one of the major opera houses in Germany until it was heavily damaged in World War I. Due to public pressure it was finally fully reconstructed and reopened in 1981.
7. Botanical Garden:
5,000 types of outdoor plants – all labelled, catalogued and researched – in 50 acres of beautiful grounds. The Gardens are free of charge.
8. Senckenbergmuseum: Frankfurt’s Natural History Museum – one of the largest Natural History Museums in Germany
9. Messe Frankfurt/ Festhhalle: A huge trade exhibition center, the third largest in the world. One of the most famous annual exhibitions held here is the Frankfurt Book Fair.
10. Hauptbahnhof: Busiest main railway station of Germany. Also close to St. Paul’s Church, the seat of the first German national assembly in 1848/49 and a symbol of German democracy.
11. Museumsufer: The embankment to the south of the Main River where there is a large concentration of museums.
12. Eisener Steg/Sachsenhausen: Known as the ‘Applewine District’. The main street is Schweizer Strasse, a cosmopolitan boulevard with bars and two of Frankfurt's most traditional cider houses.
13. Haus der Jugend: A riverside youth hostel.
14. Affentorplatz: The bar and café end of old Frankfurt.
The tour ends at your convenience.
You can exchange your booking voucher for your ticket either at the Greenline office at Wiesenhüttenplatz 39, 60329 Frankfurt/Main (close to Central Station/opposite to Hotel Savoy), or when you board the bus.
Lovely and easy way to see the city of Frankfurt! Easy to use and worth every Euro. Stopped at all major sights and gave informative commentary. Staff on board were friendly and...mrs cd faria
Great tour to explore the city. Recommend....Sergey Zaycev
best way to see a city briefly before deciding what to do...murat kaya