Approx. 4 hoursStart time
Start time: 0830h (08:30am) and 1330h (1:30pm)
Duration: Approx. 4 hours
Your hotel in Chiang Rai City. (Please advise your hotel at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 24 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details.)Ending Point
Your hotel in Chiang Rai City
Chaing Rai is also famous as the ‘gateway to the Golden Triangle’ and its infamous opium trade. Another attraction is the might Mekong River.
The wealth and cultural diversity of Chiang Rai should not be missed and is a rewarding destination for those who take the time to explore this region.
The Chiang Rai area is home to several beautiful temples and is a beautiful and scenic destination. On this tour we explore some its more interesting sights. Spread across the city is interesting architecture that combines the influences between the Thai and Burmese styles.
• Wat Phra Kaew is a must see for everyone. It was built in the 12th century during the Lanna Empire. The Emerald Buddha was discovered here and later moved to Bangkok. A replica was made and placed in the same spot where the original was found.
• The King Mengrai the Great Memorial was built in honour of the Chiang Rai’s most famous king. He was the founder of the Lanna Thai kingdom.
•King Chaisongkaram built the impressive Ku Phra Chao stupa to contain the remains of his father – King Mengrai, the Great.
• The Wat Phra Singh of Chiang Mai is a sister temple to Chiang Mai’s Wat Phra Singh. Its typical northern Thai style wooden structure, low sweeping roofs and dragon-carved gate are an impressive sight.
• Continue to the Ob Khum Museum Lanna Heritage Conservation Centre, which is known to embrace a collection of objects from the areas affiliated with the Lanna kingdom including ritual objects and objects used at the Royal courts. If time permits, we also tour the Wat Rong Khun. Unlike the many temples with centuries of history behind them, Wat Rong Khun (also known as the White temple) was only built recently. Construction began in 1998 and is expected to take seven generations to fulfil the design and vision of noted local artist Chalermchai Kositpipat who is overseeing the project.
• Visit the most popular fresh market of the Chiang Rai town.
After this tour we take you back to your hotel.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details.
From mystical waterfalls to tranquil lakes, you’ll love a cheeky paddle at these watering holes.
Forget fairy tales, real life is where it’s at with these swoon-worthy sites on the agenda.
Accessible only by boat or strenuous hike, these hostels fall far beyond the typical tourist's radar.