01 Apr - 31 Oct: DailyDuration
8 hours (approx)Start time
Hotel pickups are scheduled between 0915h (9:15 am) to 1015h (10:15 am). Alternatively you can join the tour at 0945h (9:45 am) from Windermere Station and Tourist Information Centre.
Duration: 8 hours (approx)
You will be picked up from your hotel at Kendal, Bowness-on-Windermere,Windermere, Ambleside or Grasmere. Alternatively you can join the tour from Windermere Station and Tourist Information Centre.
(Please advise your hotel at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 24 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details.)
The tour returns to the starting point.
As you visit the central, north, north-west and northeast parts of Cumbria you will appreciate why this area has inspired poets and artists alike. Enjoy this tour with frequent stops for photographs and short walks.
You will be picked up from your hotel and will travel by a mini coach, accompanied by an English-speaking guide. You will visit:
• Kirkstone Pass: This is Lakeland's highest mountain pass and is situated at the head of the Troutbeck valley. It has breathtaking views of Patterdale, Glenridding and Ullswater.
• Ullswater: Enjoy a cruise on the "Queen of the English Lakes" as you take in the natural beauty surrounding the lake. The lake is situated in the area of Eden which is described as ‘England’s Green and Pleasant Land’. There are a host of pretty villages in the same vicinity.
• Castlerigg Stone Circle: The enigmatic ancient stone circle is almost 4000 years old and is situated within a panorama of rugged hills which appear different at times due to the ever changing Lakeland weather. There are 38 stones of variable sizes, some standing over 5 feet in height.
• Keswick: Enjoy the timeless scenery of this charming town. There will be a stopover in the town centre for lunch.
• Ashness Bridge & Surprise View: This is an excellent example of a packhorse bridge and has a wonderful view of Derwentwater, Whinlatter and Skiddaw. Surprise View actually offers a surprise view of the whole of Derwentwater, Borrowdale and on a clear day Bassenthwaite. It is a perfect place to rest and relax.
• Borrowdale: This is a beautiful place which lies in the shadow of the tallest mountains in England. Close by is the equally scenic Ashness Bridge.
• Honister Mountain Pass: Honister is Lakeland’s most dramatic mountain pass and offers a spectacular views.
• Buttermere Valley and Crummock Water: The Buttermere Valley is an important farming area nestled between two water bodies and with ample grazing ground for the Herdwick sheep. Crummock Water is the largest lake in the Butteremere Valley and the dramatic fell of Melbreak Peak overlooks the lake.
• Rydal:It was Wordsworth's family home for the greater part of his life from 1813 to his death in 1850 at the age of 80.
• Ambleside: this is a town in Cumbria, in North West England.
• Thirlmere: It is a picturesque lake situated in the shadows of the of the Lake District’s most famous mountain Helvellyn.
• Grasmere: Grasmere is a charming village and one time home to the poet William Wordsworth.
The tour returns to the starting point after approximately 8 hours.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details.
Tour will operate depending upon the road and weather condition.
In adverse weather tours may have to be cancelled, should this happen every effort will be made to offer you an alternative date during your stay. Should this not be possible you will be issued a full refund.
From time to time the Ullswater lake cruise may be substituted for a cruise on Derwentwater for operational reasons.
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have.
I am very happy and the customer care of isango is very good.Over all its OK...
Great tour A+++...
the tour was great...
Dancing dolphins, remote beaches to delicious smell of jumbo shrimps on ice! San Deigo offers it all
Making out with metronomes, reveries of a marsh mellow kingdom is all in a day’s work at the Edinburgh Fringe
Love coffee? Love to travel? Taste the best coffee in these destinations around the world
The post The Worlds Best Destinations For Those Addicted To Coffee appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.