24 Mar - 28 Oct: DailyDuration
8 hours (approx)Start time
Hotel pickups are scheduled between 0915h (9:15 am) to 1015h (10:15 am). Alternatively you can join the tour at 0945h (9:45 am) from Windermere Station and Tourist Information Centre. Duration:8 hours (approx)Meeting Point
You will be picked up from your hotel or selected pick up points at Bowness-on-Windermere, Windermere or Ambleside. Alternatively you can join the tour from Windermere Station and Tourist Information Centre.
(Please advise your hotel at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 24 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details.)
The tour returns to the starting point.
View the splendid 14th century castle of Muncaster, a treasure chest of fine period furniture, tapestries, silverware, paintings, portraits and porcelain. Its internationally acclaimed gardens have magnificent examples of azaleas, camelias and rhododendrons. Visit the famed Hawk and Owl Centre and soak up the beautiful scenery of the Coniston Fells and Coniston Water.
You will be picked up from your hotel and will travel by a mini coach, accompanied by an English-speaking guide. You will visit:
• Hardknott and Wrynose Mountain Passes: The view from both passes is beautiful and at Hardknott you will see open grasslands with plenty of mountain sheep. These mountain passes are the steepest and most exhilarating in England.
• Ravenglass & Eskdale Steam Railway Ride: Enjoy the panaromic view of the lovely Eskdale Valley as you travel on the famous steam railway.
• Hardknott Roman Fort: This was one of the loneliest outposts of the Roman Empire built between 120 A.D. and 138 A.D. It offers you a magnificent view to Scafell and the central mountain peaks.
• 14th Century Muncaster Castle: Overlooking the Esk river, this castle contains a wealth of architectural features and artefacts from a wide span of English history including a rare portrait of king Henry VI. It has some fabulous gardens too.
• Hawk & Owl Centre: The Centre is home to a diverse range of birds for you to wonder at and enjoy, from massive to minute and bizarre to familiar but all rarely seen up-close.
• Central and Western Lakes: This includes a visit to Wastwater, England's deepest lake.
• Coniston Water: Famous personalities like John Ruskin, Arthur Ransome and Donald Campbell have been associated with Coniston. It is the third largest lake and is set in very picturesque surroundings.
The tour returns to the starting point after approximately 8 hours.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details.
In adverse weather tours may have to be cancelled, should this happen every effort will be made to offer you an alternative date during your stay. Should this not be possible you will be issued a full refund.
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have.
New York provides its citizens and visitors with a wide range of transit options. In addition to other available modes of transportation, you can get around town by subway, bus, taxi, ferry, or helicopter. And, if that doesn’t confuse you, the sheer number of New York sightseeing products available will make your head spin. So, … Continue reading "How A Hop-On, Hop-Off Tour & CityPASS Can Deliver A Flexible & Efficient New York Trip"
The post How A Hop-On, Hop-Off Tour & CityPASS Can Deliver A Flexible & Efficient New York Trip appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Everything you need to know about Australia's largest city.
You don't have to always pay for a good time