Jerusalem is rich in archaeological, historical and religious treasures and this tour takes you to the Old City, which has the greatest concentration of historic sites. Visit the Western Wall, the most sacred site in Jerusalem for Jews. See the Via Dolorosa (Way of the Cross) and Church of the Holy Sepulchure.
Climb up the Mount of Zion to visit the Tomb of David, the room of the Last Supper and the Dormition Abbey.
Relive the grim memories of the Holocaust at the Yad Vashem or the Holocaust Museum.
English and French-speaking Tour: Monday, Thursday & Saturday
English and German-speaking Tour: Wednesday
English and Spanish speaking Tour: Tuesday, Friday & Sunday
9 hoursStart time
Tel Aviv hotels: 0715h (07:15am)
Crown Plaza City Center Azrieli Hotel: 0745h (07:45am)
Please remember that these schedules are subject to change - please confirm with our local activity operator a day before the tour
Good news! You can get picked up from your hotel, just give us the details at the time of booking. Don’t worry if you have not booked your hotel yet, our customer service executives will get in touch and confirm the details.
Alternative pick-up: You can join the tour directly at Crown Plaza City Center Azrieli Hotel near Train Terminal.
Your hotel in Tel Aviv or the Tel Aviv Arlozerov Terminal.
You will be picked up from your hotel in Tel Aviv in an air-conditioned coach and taken for a Sightseeing Tour of Old and New Jerusalem. A bilingual guide (English and Spanish/French/German) will accompany you on this tour.
You will drive from to Jerusalem via Latrun and Shaar Hagay for a panoramic view of the city.
After this, enter the Old City of Jerusalem which is the focus of the first part of the tour.
The highlights of the Old city include:
• Roman Cardo: The cardo was the centre of economic life in ancient Jerusalem, lined with shops, merchants and vendors.
• Jewish Quarter: Spend approximately 30 minutes in this part of the Old City. Some of the oldest synagogues can be found here.
• The Western Wall: (duration 20min) Also known as the Wailing Wall, this wall is a sacred symbol of faith for devout Jews.
• Via Dolorosa: (walk 30min) The Way of the Cross, is where Jesus is believed to have traveled carrying the cross fro his trial to the place of his crucifixion and burial.
• Church of the Holy Sepulchure: (30min duration). This is revered by Christians as the site of the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. In the 4th century, Helena, the mother of Emperor Constantine and a convert to Christianity, traveled to Palestine and identified the location of the crucifixion; her son then built a magnificent church in that spot.
• David Tomb: Continue walking for about 20 minutes to the Mount of Zion to visit the David Tomb, a much-revered site that has been variously owned and jealously guarded by Christians, Muslims and Jews throughout its history. Today it is a Jewish holy site.
• The room of the Last Supper: Located directly above the Tomb of David and near the Dormition Abbey on Mount Zion, the Last Supper Room is a second-story room that commemorates the "upper room" in which Jesus shared the Last Supper with the disciples.
• The Dormition Abbey: A German Benedictine church, this abbey is known for its blue conical roof, four ornamented turrets and a famous clock tower. It commemorates the "falling asleep" (dormitio) of the Virgin Mary.
The tour breaks for a 45-minute lunch break (payable direct).
After lunch, drive to the Yad Vashem Museum, better known as the Jerusalem Holocaust Museum for a 1.5 hour visit. Yad Vashem was created to commemorate the six million Jews murdered between 1933 and 1945 by the Nazis and their collaborators. See the somber reminders of the Holocaust captured in images and artifacts in this museum.
Note: On Saturdays and jewish holidays, instead of Yad Vashem visit Yemin Moshe, the first neighborhood built outside the city walls; stroll through Mishkenot Sha'ananim and view the Montifiore windmill.
The tour ends at your hotel in Tel Aviv or the Tel Aviv Arlozerov Terminal.
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour to confirm all departure details.
It is mandatory to state your passport (country) and passport number. This is necessary to finalize a booking, as people who hold just Israeli citizenship need to pay 18% V.A.T. on addition to the given price (people of Israeli citizenship wishing to book are requested to contact us).
If you require a guide who speaks German, French, or Spanish (in addition to English) please state your preferred language when booking. Tour can be run in just one language.
Please bring your passport with you.
Animals are not permitted on the tour.
On Saturdays and jewish holidays, instead of Yad Vashem visit Yemin Moshe, the first neighborhood built outside the city walls; stroll through Mishkenot Sha'ananim and view the Montifiore windmill.
Please remember that due to special occasions and public holidays, the following changes in the itinerary might occur:
I booked this trip for my visiting son, age 22 and his girlfriend. They know nothing about Israel and only have distant bible story memories for reference. They said they day...K E RILEY, United Kingdom
Wonderful experience in the hands for a professional friendly guide. We were in a group with fellow travelers from 4 different continents and it was very interesting to share...Karen Riley, United Kingdom
Fantastic tour which showed all the most important places.Holocoast musuem in the afternoon was so much of an eye opener we were nearly in tears.Only thing we found most...Jeffrey Thomas, United Kingdom
Tokyo highs, see the Autumn colours!
Give thanks & keep on trekkin'!
The post What I’m Thankful for this Thanksgiving Celebration 2019: The Travel Edition appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
No excuses not to travel solo now!!
The post 5 Reasons Why Travelling By Yourself Is A Good Idea appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Isango is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’. Think of us as your gateway to the world.
“Isango” is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’; think of us as your gateway to the world.isango! is a specialist retailer of tours, experiences and attraction tickets. We work across 300+ destinations with more than 10,000 experiences to choose from. Working alongside the best local operators from around the world, we curate travel content, products and services, ensuring our customers are well informed and easily able to choose the right experience for them. We deliver only the best to our customers, with all isango! products handpicked by our expert travel team.Love Orlando Tickets Paris Magic Moments Continue reading