3 hours 30 minutesStart time
Two tours daily at 9:15am & 2:15pmMeeting Point
Tour bus departs from Larcomar Mall, please report to the information desk on the first floor by the food court at least 20 minutes before the tour start time
Tour ends at Parque del Amor.
This three-hour tour will take you through the sprawling city of Lima, founded in 1535 by the Spanish conquistador Francisco Pizarro. On your tour you will discover Huaca Pucllana, an ancient clay pyramid located in the Miraflores district where the natives would congregate to worship the sea.
The tour will take you through the old historic centre, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here you will see many wonderful examples of Spanish colonial architecture such as the Cathedral at Plaza Mayor. You will also see the more modern parts of Lima such as the famous Love Park on the cliffs of Chorrillos, where you can enjoy a great view of the Pacific Ocean. The park is surrounded by mosaic walls of romantic quotes and a statue of two lovers embracing in the centre of the park.
Audio commentary is available in English and Spanish.
This breath-taking tour will take you on a journey through time, covering over four centuries of history.
The stops included in the tour are:
• Stop 1 - Larcomar (Meeting Point): Departing from Larcomar, you will visit the stunning Huaca Pucllana, a clay pyramid structure constructed over 1500 years ago.
• Stop 2 - Parque Kennedy: An oasis in the heart of Miraflores, there are plenty of benches here to rest your weary legs as well as restaurants and cafes in the vicinity. Many local artists come here to sell their work, such as paintings and handmade jewellery.
• Stop 3 - Parque de la Reserva: This park houses a collection of 13 ornamental, interactive fountains where water, music, light, images and laser effects are combined in perfect union to present you with incredible shows. The fountains have been titled the “world´s largest fountain complex in a public park” by the Guinness Book of World Records.
• Stop 4 - Plaza San Martin: A beautiful space with an impressive central monument depicting Peru's liberator, José de San Martín. The square is surrounded by many beautiful buildings such as the Bolivar Hotel and Club Nacional, which served as a meeting place of the Peruvian aristocracy in the 19th and 20th century.
• Stop 5 - Plaza de Armas: A gorgeous square lined with many historical buildings; the Government Palace, the Cathedral, the Mayor Buildings, Casa del Oidor, the City Hall and many others.
• Stop 6 - Convento de San Francisco: This monastery is a wonderful example of Spanish Baroque, it was completed in 1774. The site contains a church, library and catacombs. The catacomb ossuary houses the remains of 70 000 people and bones line narrow hallways underneath the church.
• Stop 7 - Parquedel Amor: This park is full of love! Romantic quotes line the mosaic walls and the centrepiece, El Beso, depicts two lovers embracing each other.
Tour ends at Parque del Amor.
Please report at the meeting point 20 minutes before the start time.
Voucher information: You must print and surrender a paper version of your booking voucher for this activity (showing your voucher on a smartphone is not accepted). No refund can be given for customers without a printed copy of their voucher.
Your voucher will be valid for 3 months from the date chosen at the time of booking.
This is not a hop-on, hop-off tour
Excellent tour, but hard to find contact point in Lima, Larco Miraflores area. There is no Hop On, Hop Off in Lima, and booking it online made it very confusing to locate pick up...
The guide was personable and attentive. We enjoyed his humor and information about his city and country. It was a very pleasant afternoon....
it was not easy to find the bus location on Miraflores malecon because it was written in instruction the the stop is at Casino entrance. IT IS UNTRUE!!! the stop is at the...
From mystical waterfalls to tranquil lakes, you’ll love a cheeky paddle at these watering holes.
Forget fairy tales, real life is where it’s at with these swoon-worthy sites on the agenda.
Accessible only by boat or strenuous hike, these hostels fall far beyond the typical tourist's radar.